Looking for Good range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ642

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am fairly new to the tulsa area and Im looking for a good range just to go shoot. Not really interested in competitions or anything, i moved here from the country where i could shoot in my own yard so just want a friendly place that isnt too crowded. I had a friend tell me about one in Sapulpa so info on that one is welcome as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I am fairly new to the tulsa area and Im looking for a good range just to go shoot. Not really interested in competitions or anything, i moved here from the country where i could shoot in my own yard so just want a friendly place that isnt too crowded. I had a friend tell me about one in Sapulpa so info on that one is welcome as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It depends on your budget. The one in Sapulpa is Happy Hollow. It is a pay each time you go. I think it is 10 bucks. Oil Capitol in the Coweta area is a membership range 1200 to join and 125 or so a year. USSA in north Tulsa/Owasso has many options. They have day passes for 20 bucks and the range memberships are all different levels. Red Castle is out on Skitook lake and is 270 something to join and less that a 100 a year I think.

There are members from all the ranges on here that can help you with the more exact pricing.

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there are any spots open Oil Capitol in Broken Arrow/Coweta would be the way to go for a guy in your shoes. We used to live out in the country too, Oil Cap is as close as it gets, and although Im not a member there Ive shot some competition there and unless theres a comp going its not a crowded place. They have a limited number of memberships for that reason.

http://www.ocrgc.org/

Also, you might contact users Buzzdraw and SnyperC. They both have alot to do with OCR&GC.

I personally have not been to impressed with the folks at Tulsa Firearms, kinda uppity IMO, and if you want to shoot a rifle your SOL.

If any pace is gonna be crowded it would probably be USSA, and get ready to pay out your nose for a membership.

camcow2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if your wanting to shoot pistol or rimfire try meadlocks in collinsville. theyre fairly resoable, and always freindly, infact i call it a "cheers" atmosfer were you become a regular and they call you by name as you come through the door.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tulsa Firearms' prices are horrible, both for guns and range fees. If you shoot less often than once a month, Happy Hollow is good if you don't mind the "one shot every three seconds" rule. Otherwise, it's cheaper overall to shoot at one of the private clubs.

With the private ranges, you also get more things to shoot. Happy Hollow has 10 & 25 yard paper-targets-only pistol, 50,100,200 yd rifle, and some clay target shooting thing. Red castle has pistol out to 50 yards, sillhouette shooting for smallbore pistol, smallbore rifle, centerfire pistol, and centerfire rifle, trap (wobble and American), skeet, sporting clays, 600 yard high-power rifle range that they extend to 1000 yards on special occasions, benchrest range, plinking range, and on and on...

tl;dr If you're only shooting occasionally then Happy Hollow is great, otherwise join a private club because it's cheaper and the facilities are nicer.

Oh, almost forgot, does Medlock's rent handguns? If so, do I have to buy a $75 "membership" in order to do so?

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The best deal in the Tulsa area is the Sand Springs Sportsman Club.

We are a "member owned" club ran by a board that's made up of members. The cost is $100 the first year, $50 to renew each year. We have skeet, trap,and a pistol & rifle range out to 235 yards. We also have a membership cap (400) which is nice. We are filled up 'til 2010 but many people forget to renew or whatever.

If interested, go see Ivan White Jr. at Whitey's Pawn in Sand Springs or got to the club website:

www.sssportsmanclub.com

You can also drop by any Saturday morning, we usually have a match going and they are open to the public.

~Stephen

dhomoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If there are any spots open Oil Capitol in Broken Arrow/Coweta would be the way to go for a guy in your shoes. We used to live out in the country too, Oil Cap is as close as it gets, and although Im not a member there Ive shot some competition there and unless theres a comp going its not a crowded place. They have a limited number of memberships for that reason.

http://www.ocrgc.org/

Also, you might contact users Buzzdraw and SnyperC. They both have alot to do with OCR&GC.

I personally have not been to impressed with the folks at Tulsa Firearms, kinda uppity IMO, and if you want to shoot a rifle your SOL.

If any pace is gonna be crowded it would probably be USSA, and get ready to pay out your nose for a membership.

Oil Capital is a great club. There are 5 25 yard pistol bays, a 50 yard plinking range and 2 50 yard pistol ranges. We also have a huge 200 rifle range. They also have trap and skeet, archery, and airgun. Finally there are lake/ponds to fish on. It is a great and highly active club with regular matches in USPSA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, Practical Rifle, Military Bolt, Hi-Power, Blackpowder, PPC, Singleshot, trap, skeet, cowboy action, and others.

I have been a member for about 2 years now and don't regret for a moment my decision. If you want to check it out, come out on the 27th or 28th and check out IDPA and Steel Challenge respectively and ask for me I will show you around. Great place.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oil Capital is a great club... If you want to check it out, come out on the 27th or 28th and check out IDPA and Steel Challenge respectively and ask for me I will show you around. Great place.

I'd love to do that as the club is literally just a few miles east of me on 101st St. but there's an important Tulsa County GOP meeting I'm going to on the 27th and I have to work on the 28th. What's coming up after that? The web site leaves a bit to be desired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom