Looking for help with 2 built Glocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClintC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a G17 and G21 build. Yes poly80 builds that were done last year. I just got them to the range last weekend to shoot them. They both ran fine the first couple of mags. Then both slide started not going fully forward. I could bump the back of the slide with my thumb to fully close the slide. Then they would fire. Help is needed.

Attachments

• 183180A7-8EA3-4FE0-BC0C-16AAAFE2D520.jpeg
    183180A7-8EA3-4FE0-BC0C-16AAAFE2D520.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 5

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check your firing pin safety plunger. Most of the kits come with the gen3 parts kit. Also check the the ejector isn't rubbing top of slide. When you get it running smoothly and start getting brass in the face or forehead, you might think about switching to a gen 4 ejector. Slight differences.
Safety plunger:
maxresdefault (2).jpg

Ejector:
Part-number-30274-1024x569.jpg

Also double check that your rails are 100% inline with each other by laying frame upside down on a known flat surface and on each side of the rails. If front or rear rail is slightly higher than other using fine grit self adhesive sand paper on flat surface then draw frame across paper till even and slide operates easily. Keep us updated.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had the same issue with my G43 build. Polished the plunger and took a bit off the shark fit to fix it. If it gives any more issues then an OEM recoil spring will be ordered. Lots of lots have weak springs but polishing the running parts helps.

Latest posts

Top Bottom