Looper Leather Pancake Holsters?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Precisely. I spend more on Kydex holsters than what Loopers leather costs, and I desire better quality from my leather purchases. That simply means it costs more. I honestly dont see why anyone would spend 50 on a holster like this, when a high end holster can be had for around a hundred, but to each his own.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The really BAD part is that Looper holster show above if worn in a IWB will collapse when the gun is drawn! making re holstering a very dangers endeavor. I've seen this lately and would not allow this type of holster in a class.

For my money on leather I'll get 5 shot stuff. http://www.5shotleather.com/
With that said I have gone to just Kydex.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The really BAD part is that Looper holster show above if worn in a IWB will collapse when the gun is drawn! making re holstering a very dangers endeavor. I've seen this lately and would not allow this type of holster in a class.

Actually the Looper holster shown above has a kydex reinforcement on the top, so I imagine it would not completely collapse. The body may compress and flatten some, but the mouth should stay open enough to reholster easily.

http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/new-looper-iwb.html

The Milt Sparks (aside from the Watch Six) have a metal reinforcement on the mouth. Though I am not sure they need it, given how dense and stiff the leather is.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

IWB is meant for CCW. If you draw, what is the major need to re-holster? If you plan on drawing and reholstering a bunch, get an outside the waistband holster!

If you have to take your gun on and off because of where you go, take the whole holster and gun off!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lisa... I don't need a Sam Browne anymore... but your Duty Gear is right up there. I'd like to see a little better boning and stiching some of the stuff I've looked at needed a little attenition on stiching on your off duty-ccw products.

Your products are OK... but maybe you folks should start thinking about selling the 2nd or 3rd product we'd consider buying--after we used the basic stuff awhile.

Add a stealthy leather speed loader pouch for revolvers... for plain-clothes CCW folks... you'd sell a ton

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IWB is meant for CCW. If you draw, what is the major need to re-holster? If you plan on drawing and reholstering a bunch, get an outside the waistband holster!

If you have to take your gun on and off because of where you go, take the whole holster and gun off!

Practice what your going to wear as your CCW holster IMO. I see far too many that use different gear when taking classes at USSA so they can be fast but they can't carry that way on the street. For you that never practice your draw you'd be right....but good luck with that.

patrickcudd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Practice what your going to wear as your CCW holster IMO. I see far too many that use different gear when taking classes at USSA so they can be fast but they can't carry that way on the street. For you that never practice your draw you'd be right....but good luck with that.

Practice drawing all you can, I agree, but re-holstering is not what the benefit of an IWB is. IWB is for carrying discreetly, not for re-holstering. Practice might just take a bit longer. Or you could get a holster that can be used as both IWB and OWB then the issue is moot.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you carry being able to re-holster is essential.

When I first started concealed those suede Bianci IWBS were about the only game in town. You have to "unpants" to get a gun back into one of those... it's resided in my dead holster box for years now.

I still have a Bianchi "pistol pocket" ... the older version without the thumb break. Stays open, can stick the pistol back in it with out a problem... and it can be worn strong side or cross draw if you adjust the cant screw.

Lisa... if you guys came out with a tuckable better than the overpriced Galco and cheaper than a custom you would sell a ton of those too.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess over the past 15 years or so I have had my carry gun out for reasons other than self defense several times

when you live in the boonies ---- dispatching hit deer, sick cows and such a guy shouldn't need to reholster his " carry gun". My carry gun has shot skunks and racoons too

Trust me... Dropping trou to put a pistol away sucks... Especially when there are holsters that 'work' on the market

Latest posts

Top Bottom