Lost Pateience with Ruger MK3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bidenisabum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Removed bolt slide stop to clean and now it will not go back in.
Any ideas of who I can take it to for reassembly? Pistol functioned as should until I screwed it up. Thanks in advance.

Bidenisabum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here it is

Attachments

• 5B4D6BFF-3DAA-4E18-A8F3-78CCA1FB952B.jpeg
    5B4D6BFF-3DAA-4E18-A8F3-78CCA1FB952B.jpeg
    129.8 KB · Views: 128

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your hammer strut is not aligning with the cup in the disassembly pin/ mainspring housing. You need to point the pistol straight up andpull the trigger while you snap the lever into place. Where to take it? Maybe H&H??

Bidenisabum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another issue is that you cannot pull it out...has to be hammered in so
H&H is probably a bit far, Sportsworld?

I sent PM to David(SDG) in Stillwater if he’ll put up with me again. Worked magic on 2 Colts of mine and was just looking for something local. If I didn’t have to hammer stop bolt in(and out) I could probably fix it but it takes 3 hands not to scratch. What a pain and have read many have had this issue.
Thx so much for you help. What a forum we have. Be safe

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man if you were in OKC area, I’d put that thing back together for you. You gotta hold your tongue just right to get the dingus in the right spot. Once you get it aligned properly, everything just slides back in place. When I first bought one and took it apart, if I’d been near a body of water, I’d have chunked the accursed thing right in it! There’s a learning curve to reassembly but once you figure it out, it isn’t too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom