Low Light / Night Fire Pistol Class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mash1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen

It is with great pleasure to inform you that the US Shooting Academy is going to start teaching a once a month
Low Light / Night Fire Pistol Class that is Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) Accredited and US Law Shield
Backed

According to the FBI most crimes take place at night, and /or under poor lighting conditions.
Yet seldom do people get a chance to shoot, under the very same conditions that they may well have to fight in.
This course is done in the dark, about 1 hour is in the classroom, covering the different aspects of night shooting. 1 hour of dryfire, & livefire in daylight conditions. then 2 hours of Nightfire.

This course will cover:
Flashlights
Lasers
Sights
Ammunition choices
Using the Darkness to your advantage
Use of handheld lights in conjunction with the handgun
And much more .....

The course will run for four hours 6 P.M. - 10 P.M. on June 6th 2015 and the cost is $75 dollars
If you have any questions or to sign up contact the US shooting academy at 918-948-7856 or email me at [email protected]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This will be a great class for those that have never shot at night or at low light.

I shot one competition with these parameters, and found out that those with night sights, etc won the match.

Same applies in the street that happens at a match. Do yourself a favor and take this class if your interested in how you do at night.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This will be a great class for those that have never shot at night or at low light.

I shot one competition with these parameters, and found out that those with night sights, etc won the match.

Same applies in the street that happens at a match. Do yourself a favor and take this class if your interested in how you do at night.

Whos the instructor, Dennis? Have you taken this class?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't take a class.
Participated in an indoor night USPSA style match a couple of years ago, as well as a year of field experience 40 years ago.
It was a real eye opener about the advances in night sights, low flash powder, and shooting behind barricades, etc.
it was part of the Dallas Safari club annual convention.
I was shooting a .45 with factory loads. The MZ flash instantly took my night vision, making follow up shots difficult to say the least.
What light there was, was a single low watt bulb in the rear of the room.
Hence, my suggestion for others to take the class if they have never experienced shooting at night or low light.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took the class. I have been shooting a long time, but I learned a lot about myself and different techniques that work/don't work well for me. I highly recommend the class.

They said it would be a monthly class if interest remains high.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tom Givens' experience would indicate that any civilian is extremely unlikely to ever have to use their weapon in the dark. Among his former students who had been involved in an incident where they had to use their weapon (over 60 such incidents), zero used a flashlight, zero was in a "dark" environment, and zero felt like they wished they had a flashlight. Listen to Mike Seeklanders podcast with Mr. Givens. A flashlight is a proactive instrument, not a reactive instrument. As civilians, we should be reactive almost exclusively, one exception being maybe clearing your own home. Anyway, point being, do your homework, spend your money wisely. Fight smarter by training smarter. Don't spend you money on training for something that you won't use.

Podcast link:
http://ec.libsyn.com/p/0/b/a/0ba706...1ce3dae902ea1d06cb8430d2cc592228&c_id=8803514

mash1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next Low Light / Night Fire Pistol Class
Is set for June 27, 2015

This course is Council on Law Enforcement Education and Training (CLEET) Accredited and US Law Shield Backed

Seldom do people get a chance to shoot, under the very same conditions that they may well have to fight in.
This course is done in the dark, about 1 hour is in the classroom, covering the different aspects of night shooting. 1 hour of dryfire, & livefire in daylight conditions. then 2 hours of Nightfire.

This course will cover:
Flashlights
Lasers
Sights
Ammunition choices
Using the Darkness to your advantage
Use of handheld lights in conjunction with the handgun
And much more .....

The course will run for four hours 6 P.M. - 10 P.M. and the cost is $75 dollars
If you have any questions or to sign up contact the US shooting academy at 918-948-7856 or email me at [email protected]

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty neat.

I just started shooting in the late evenings this year. It's a lot of fun and you do learn a lot when doing this too, especially when it gets real dark.

Latest posts

Top Bottom