Lt. Governor Jari Askins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you guys think about her? I've seen her at several public safety events and she seems very supportive. Today she attended the afternoon portion of guest speaker Lt. Col. Dave Grossman's presentation on the "Bullet Proof Mind" at the Oklahoma Gang Investigators Assoc. Conference (excellent presentation by the way).

She slipped in the back after everyone came back from lunch, stayed till the end and didn't ask to speak or be recognized. I'd bet a significant portion of the attendees never even knew she was there. I observed her reactions to some very non-PC material and she seemed quite supportive of the theme. I think she gets it, unlike a lot of political hacks who see it as face time (cough, cough, kathy taylor).

If that weren't enough, her official state website has links to the National Shooting Sports Federation, the National Wild Turkey Federation and the NRA. While I'm a Republican, unless someone can provide a clear and compelling reason not to, this Democrat has my vote. :thumb:

Lycus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've not heard anything about her other than what you've mentioned. I can't find too much on her politics on Wikipedia, will have to look into her some more eventually, maybe. ^_^

berettaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now wasn't she a politico like the superentendant of schools? A single day dealing with education will make you an anti in 10 seconds flat.
No Thanks. Remember Barack's website says he supports the 2nd Amendment and we all know that's a
Big Fat Bold Faced LIE!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now wasn't she a politico like the superentendant of schools? A single day dealing with education will make you an anti in 10 seconds flat.
No Thanks. Remember Barack's website says he supports the 2nd Amendment and we all know that's a
Big Fat Bold Faced LIE!

That's a broad brush stroke. Many teachers and administrators in OK are not in lockstep with the NEA. And Barack has a significant anti-gun voting record. Does she? I'm asking for verifiable reasons to not vote for her. Anyone? :anyone:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, why didn't you go up to her and explain that you didn't know who you were going to vote for? I'm sure she would have answered one question. I would have loved to have heard her answer.

I don't know anything about her other than what others have said. But she seemed an extremely intelligent lady during her last campaign. And I never heard her say anything that didn't wash with me except her support of the Waffle King Kerry, but what are you to do? These days I view all Democrats as suspicious. They have to prove themselves to me. The repubs are just generally "less of a gamble". Don't get me wrong, I have voted for democrats in the past, although very few I admit. And it was a very long time ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom