Luger 1917 Artillery Range Report.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picklacat

Marksman
Reaction score
Range Report 1917 Luger Artillery Model 9mm. Purchased From CheckPoint Charley's Website
A Great Retailer, Gave Me A Military Discount(He Will Give If There Is Enough Wiggle Room In Price.)
Springs Are Of Unknown Vintage In Pistol.
New Wolfe, New No Name, Or Old Original Springs I Do Not Know.
Tested So Far
CCI 9mm 115gr FMJ A Bit Weak, Very Lazy Eject, At Least 1 Stove Pipe Stoppage Per Mag.
Remington Range 9mm 115gr FMJ Positive Ejection, Very Limited Stoppages.
Sierra 9mm 115 JHP Positive Ejection, Limited Stoppages.
Federal Syntech 115gr Too Long OverAll Length Of Round To Long For Magazine.
www.checkpointcharlies.com-221-31.jpg

Last edited:

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
VERY nice! If I ever get fu money, one of these is high on my list of things to acquire.

IIRC, Lugers really prefer hot 124gr 9mm for optimal function. I believe you can still find Winchester 124gr NATO ammo reasonably often?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up, my Lugers run the best with 124gr ammo. The 'sharper' hyperbole of the nose lets it feed easier. I also believe that the Luger was designed for this ammo.

BTW, nice looking Luger!!

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really a holster guy but i pulled out my artillery lugers and broomhandles, nambos and radoms and the leather seemed really dry. What would you guys suggest that will soften it up but not hurt the bluing?

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you storing guns in holsters? I put dry leather in freezer bag with canola cooking oil . I dont care about finish just preserve leather.

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really a holster guy but i pulled out my artillery lugers and broomhandles, nambos and radoms and the leather seemed really dry. What would you guys suggest that will soften it up but not hurt the bluing?
Don't use neatsfoot like the old days..it breaks down the leather. You can use olive oil (recommended by some saddler friend), or a good leather conditioner for saddles or shoes like Saphir. Don't ever use kiwi...it has petroleum crap in it.
I'd keep the guns out of the holsters unless you regularly pull them out and look at them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom