Lure Retrieval Tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do they work? Just picked one up at Academy today, but I could take it back; consists of a string, a chain, a metal coil, and an unhooked lure-like thing. Anyone used one of these before? I hate it when I lose my $3 or $4 lure on the first cast.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do work, but I replaced the string with a broken retractable dog leash. It's a lot more convenient when you can spool up the string with the push of a button.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had the Hound dog retriever for many years. It has never failed to retrieve a lure yet. It has to be a lure with trebble hooks though. My wife loved to troll for sand bass and stripers. The most productive water for us was in the 8-12' range, and rattle traps were the lure used most, so we were always getting hung in some sunken brush. Works good, and works quick.
http://kgenterprise.com/Hdlr.htm

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes they do! I have mine on an old baitcast reel. You will want to get the sting on something that makes it easy to deploy and retrieve. Nothing is worse than being hung up and having a bunch of knots on your retriever!

Latest posts

Top Bottom