LWRC Skirmish Sights Review

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I would share my thoughts on a set of BUIS by LWRC. I have been a long time user of Troy Battle Sights, the HK variety, and will probably keep using them in the future. However, the LWRC Skirmish sights seem to be on equal footing with the Troys. I have also used Daniel Defense fixed sights, they are very nice. Just recently I had experience with the Magpul BUIS Pros, which seemed cheap, they didn't lock up when deployed and the front sight adjustment wheel was loose, I will never count on the Magpul Pros as my BUIS.

The LWRC sights installed different than the other sights mentioned. I had to slide the sights on from the ends of the picatinny rail, since they do not come apart when you loosen the screw like the Troy sights do. Once installed they are very low profile. The lock up when deployed appears very sturdy. I zeroed the sights with in three sets of three shots. One thing that impressed me is the front sight adjustment tool actually worked very well! That was a nice change. The windage adjustment was equally easy to use. The rear sight uses a rotating aperture for both close and long range engagement, very cool and it locks up positively when rotated. I also like the rounded edges and the grooves on the surface which are meant to limit any glare.

I use a lower 1/3 co-witness with my EOTech EXPS3-2 and am very pleased with the sight picture. So if you are thinking about trying a little less expensive set of BUIS the LWRCs may be a good alternative to Troy and definitely better than Magpul (in my humble opinion).

i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_FullSizeRender_12_zpse088c2b9.jpg

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The following are pictures with the sights mounted on my Daniel Defense AR-15. You may notice on the rear sight pictures that the sights are one piece and do not come apart. If you have any questions please feel free to post and I will do my best to reply.
Rear sight with small aperture in place.
i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_FullSizeRender_13_zpsedac001d.jpg

Rear sight front view with small aperture in place.
i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_FullSizeRender_14_zps1b86720b.jpg

Front sight
i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_FullSizeRender_15_zps9a7b6bf5.jpg

Front sight
i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_FullSizeRender_17_zps8196e532.jpg

I edited to include the target picture, zeroed at 30yds using Federal XM193 55 grain. I would have liked to have used 62 grain or higher but I grabbed the wrong box of ammo.
i983.photobucket.com_albums_ae320_promiseofwars_IMG_7376_zps997747ab.jpg

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool... another option for an elevation adjustable folding rear. Did the sights come with any literature stating what distances the apertures are intended for, and what sight radius/barrel length/ammo combination they're set up for? The closer ranged apertures look really big.

promiseofwar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool... another option for an elevation adjustable folding rear. Did the sights come with any literature stating what distances the apertures are intended for, and what sight radius/barrel length/ammo combination they're set up for? The closer ranged apertures look really big.

Large aperture 1-300 meters and the small aperture 300-600 meters with 1/2 MOA wind adjustments per click and 1 MOA elevation per click. No information on the sight radius but have seem them on LWRC's pistols. I am pleased with them, they also sale them in FDE. I run them lower 1/3 cowitnessed with the EOTech and I'm very satisfied. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the review! I have used a lot of Troy's and love them. I also have a set of MBUS on my LaRue and they are one hell of a sight, almost as good as the Troy's. Maybe you received a bad batch? I know they had some early issues with them, but have fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Top Bottom