M1 Carbine value and sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jescates

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
1992 I bought a mix master Underwood, mostly correct for $150. There were 10 carbines, 9 were Winchesters with 1 being an Underwood. Mine was the nicest because all the Winnies were Korean returns and looked like crap, wished I had bought all of them.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I'm learning quite a bit about milsurps. Mainly that instead of buying guns with pretty stocks, I should concentrate on who made what.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I'm learning quite a bit about milsurps. Mainly that instead of buying guns with pretty stocks, I should concentrate on who made what.

In the case of M1 Carbines, prices can be all over the place because of not just who made what, but when. There aren't many "correct" originals and if you see one it will go for several thousand dollars. A rifle that's been "corrected" will go for more than one that hasn't, all other things being equal. An "original" (or more accurately "maybe original") stock usually increases value more than a good looking replacement. Import marks generally reduce value. I like these guns and always keep an eye out when I go to shows and usually see one or two - three at the last Chickasha show, one in Duncan, two in Wichita Falls, and two in Lawton in the last six months or so - the couple of M1A1's in the mix were priced a bit higher in the $800-$850 ballpark if memory servers.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...the couple of M1A1's in the mix were priced a bit higher in the $800-$850 ballpark if memory servers.

Surely they were just carbines with repro M1A1 stocks installed...right?

Original M1A1's are bringing $3500-$5000 these days. An original M1A1 stock alone will sell for more than $800 - $850. The last one sold on eBay brought $2100+ for a complete stock and handguard.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surely they were just carbines with repro M1A1 stocks installed...right?

Original M1A1's are bringing $3500-$5000 these days. An original M1A1 stock alone will sell for more than $800 - $850. The last one sold on eBay brought $2100+ for a complete stock and handguard.

That I can't tell you for sure since I didn't really look closely enough because I wasn't planning on buying either of them. What I could see was that they were Inlands with what appeared to be walnut stocks with a P proof on the grip, sunburst butt plate, and distressed leather. Don't know if they were marked in the barrel channel or not though - may have just been decent forgeries.