M1 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the last couple of gun shows the M1 carbines were everywhere. On dealers tables and people carrying them around. I had never seen so many up for sale, I didn't check prices.

I suspect it is due to ammo. It's not common to find anymore and it's normally not cheap. Back in the days when the Carbines were inexpensive there was plenty of surplus ammo to go along with them but those days are over. I usually pick up some of the steel case Herters stuff when I stop in at Cabelas in KC. It can often be had for about $14\50.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AIM has the Aguila brass cased FMJ for $16.50/50 right now. There was a big dry spell for .30 carbine in the past and it still can be hard to find from time to time.

I suspect it is due to ammo. It's not common to find anymore and it's normally not cheap. Back in the days when the Carbines were inexpensive there was plenty of surplus ammo to go along with them but those days are over. I usually pick up some of the steel case Herters stuff when I stop in at Cabelas in KC. It can often be had for about $14\50.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
tul9033 said:
AIM has the Aguila brass cased FMJ for $16.50/50 right now. There was a big dry spell for .30 carbine in the past and it still can be hard to find from time to time.

That's not a bad price for brass. And yep, if you buy .30 at your fav retail store it's like $25/50!!

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned several USGI Carbines over the years. All of them were what I call "combat accurate" and ran 100%. If I did my part I could keep them on a paper plate at 100 yards. A couple of years ago I did not have a carbine and was considering the Kahr. Many reports at the time reported that they were problematic, so I began the search for a USGI shooter grade. Found this on one on one of the other forums. It is a National Postal Meter.
img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00719.jpg

img.photobucket.com_albums_v231_GLG20_DSC00722.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom