M1 Carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is that refinished?
If anyone is looking to refinsh a stock I have a new unfinished walnut stock w/ handguard (butt plate too) I found after selling my M1

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its has been reparked along with a few parts replaced and a new stock. It was not collectable and still a quality USGI range toy. Vietnam era replacement stocks are still available. Nick Dailey out of Colorado sets up at the bigs shows and has really nice parts for sale.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks very nice, I always wanted to refinish mine (had the new stock) but was afraid it would hurt the value. Even though they sure look nice redone!

Its has been reparked along with a few parts replaced and a new stock. It was not collectable and still a quality USGI range toy. Vietnam era replacement stocks are still available. Nick Dailey out of Colorado sets up at the bigs shows and has really nice parts for sale.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks very nice, I always wanted to refinish mine (had the new stock) but was afraid it would hurt the value. Even though they sure look nice redone!

Thanks, people fix up the Garands all the time. This one was a nice tight mixmaster that with new wood and a refinish would make a great range toy. As for value, I don't think many of the mixmasters are collectable.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I miss the days when $250 would buy you a used commercial M-1 carbine. I owned two or three of those, one in a Choate folding stock. Light, short, handy, and soft-shooting, they were great little rifles for not much money, and 30 years ago they were readily available. I wonder what happened to all those commercial models?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Nick hasn't set up at the Wanenmacher show the past two or three times - he's got other interests, including a special lady, taking up his time these days. His show partner still holds their tables, but he hasn't had anywhere near as much stuff for sale as when Nick was here.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nick hasn't set up at the Wanenmacher show the past two or three times - he's got other interests, including a special lady, taking up his time these days. His show partner still holds their tables, but he hasn't had anywhere near as much stuff for sale as when Nick was here.

Interesting. Glad I don't need any parts.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Glad I don't need any parts.

Indeed - with the dramatic rise of M1 Carbine prices, and the drying-up of the USGI parts market along with the proliferation of fake parts due largely to a rather slippery vendor out of CA, I'm glad I got out of the M1 Carbine world earlier this year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom