M9 surplus future

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikieG7174

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I find it odd that on the same day we get a gun friendly administration, after 6 years, the Army suddenly announces a winner and signs a $580,000,000 deal for 400,000 new Sig pistols.
Could it be thar the secretary of the Army did not want current M9s to be destroyed by the last administration? Could the contract decision have been stalled long enough to see if the next administration would be a surplus friendly one?
What are your thoughts?
Imagine this, there are 20,000 new units already paid for and not delivered that will be brand new surplus! Will we see $300 used M9s? $400 new M9s? $5 magazines?
Just an observation. Thoughts?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find it odd that on the same day we get a gun friendly administration, after 6 years, the Army suddenly announces a winner and signs a $580,000,000 deal for 400,000 new Sig pistols.
Could it be thar the secretary of the Army did not want current M9s to be destroyed by the last administration? Could the contract decision have been stalled long enough to see if the next administration would be a surplus friendly one?
What are your thoughts?
Imagine this, there are 20,000 new units already paid for and not delivered that will be brand new surplus! Will we see $300 used M9s? $400 new M9s? $5 magazines?
Just an observation. Thoughts?
I hope so and I hope folks on this forum, if they find them for sale, let me know. I buying one.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good news will be that Beretta lovers like me will probably be able to snatch some more up.
The bad news is that the value of Berettas will probably drop because of the increased supply.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The good news will be that Beretta lovers like me will probably be able to snatch some more up.
The bad news is that the value of Berettas will probably drop because of the increased supply.
I've always wanted one so this could be my reason to get one. I've shot them, and they are super guns and maybe one of the best looking guns around.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember that the Army still hasn't released the 1911's that the CMP was "authorized" to sell. Adding M9's would take an additional congressional authorization as Perplexed mentioned. Also remember that when the Air Force transitioned away from .38 revolvers most were crushed. Meanwhile it would be nice if one of the "pen and phone" things overturned would be the ban on re-importing US weapons like additional M1 Garands and Carbines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom