Made myself an EDC knife.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've made 3 knives total now. The 2 previous knives were posted here also. This is the least terrible one to date, and also the only one I ever really finished. It started out as a 2" X 3/16" strap of 1095 high carbon steel. and I spent about 10 or so hours turning it into this.

Blade Length - 3.75"
Overall length - 8.125"
Stainless Pins
Nickel Lanyard
Handle scales made from Black canvas I found at Walmart in a scrap bin in the fabric and sewing dept, and an old pair of corduroy pants I ripped the arse out of when lifting a heavy refrigerator.
Hand filed the serrations.
Mustard and vinegar to force a patina on the blade.

I've been carrying it for about a week now so some use has been put on it.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
your grinding apparatus is cool, reminds me of when I first started I made all kind of apparatuses to help with the grinding, but once I decide to just do it free hand things got faster and easier believe it or not.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
your grinding apparatus is cool, reminds me of when I first started I made all kind of apparatuses to help with the grinding, but once I decide to just do it free hand things got faster and easier believe it or not.

Thanks Randall. I like all your work. You sir, are a true craftsman.

Bhargrin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful workmanship, I like the way you repurposed materials for this project. You Sir, have a wonderful talent. I really like the patina you added to the blade.

Latest posts

Top Bottom