Mak Attack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

'82 Bulgarian & `61 East German

Any other Makarov folks out there? Also does anyone know where to find some cheap ammo in the OKC area?

Last edited:

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NICE, I'd like to find an east german have 3 bulgie's
acadamy usually has some, monarch or something like that, I reload for mine, lead 95 gr

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, what years are your Bulgi's? Just be careful with the East Germans...I already purchased another, hasn't arrived yet though. Yeah, I tried the Academy on NW expressway and was told they didn't stock 9x18. Guess I will have to call around. Thanks for the heads up.

NICE, I'd like to find an east german have 3 bulgie's
acadamy usually has some, monarch or something like that, I reload for mine, lead 95 gr

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, what years are your Bulgi's? Just be careful with the East Germans...I already purchased another, hasn't arrived yet though. Yeah, I tried the Academy on NW expressway and was told they didn't stock 9x18. Guess I will have to call around. Thanks for the heads up.

Best source of ammo is the internet.

I know quite a bit about Makarovs. Have a few left for carry and a couple of dedicated .22 conversions plus a ton of spare Mak parts.

I don't know what you mean about being careful with the East Germans. Of the four countries of manufacture these are generally accepted to have the best fit, finish, and function of all. Function here applies to good triggers. All Maks just work. I ran 1000 cheap dirty rounds through my first Bulgy before I cleaned it. No failures. I carry an EG, have a Soviet, an Arsenal (commercial Bulgarian) and an issue Bulgy as backups. I suspect I have owned over 30 Maks at one time or another. Great pistols.

okla1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good Evening Sir,

I must respectfully apologize for mincing my words...My intention was warn future Makarov collectors just how addictive the EG's are! It had not been 4 days after getting my first, that I had closed on a second EG!

Respectfully,

okla1911

Best source of ammo is the internet.

I know quite a bit about Makarovs. Have a few left for carry and a couple of dedicated .22 conversions plus a ton of spare Mak parts.

I don't know what you mean about being careful with the East Germans. Of the four countries of manufacture these are generally accepted to have the best fit, finish, and function of all. Function here applies to good triggers. All Maks just work. I ran 1000 cheap dirty rounds through my first Bulgy before I cleaned it. No failures. I carry an EG, have a Soviet, an Arsenal (commercial Bulgarian) and an issue Bulgy as backups. I suspect I have owned over 30 Maks at one time or another. Great pistols.

Latest posts

Top Bottom