Marines order Colt .45s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another link:
(this contract/info has been out since July of last year)

http://www.defensereview.com/colt-defense-secures-us-marine-corps-usmc-contract-for-up-to-12000-m45-close-quarter-battle-pistol-m45-cqbp-single-stack-1911-pistols-primarily-for-marine-force-recon-and-marsoc-elements/
Colt Defense Secures US Marine Corps (USMC) Contract for Up to 12,000 M45 Close Quarter Battle Pistol (M45 CQBP) Single-Stack 1911 Pistols Primarily for Marine Force Recon and MARSOC Elements: 4036 Pistols, to Start
By David Crane
July 23, 2012
Last updated on 7/25/12.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After 21 years in the USMC, Infantry MOS, and two tours in Force Recon, (albeit 20 years ago) here's my opinion:

It sure is a pretty pistol. It would make a helluva BBQ gun, eh?

Gimme rifle bullets; lots and lots of rifle bullets. If I am at a point in combat where its handgun time, we have done damn fixed bayonets and are at it tooth and nail. Oh sure, I liked my "1911" .45acp fine ... back then. And I hated it when we switched over to the damn M9 (Beretta) Given my choice now as a combat sidearm, speaking as a former Force Recon Marine? Glock 21. Not a moment's hesitation in that choice. But then, I am not the politician or the guy who got the contract to sell those pretty pistols either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom