Mary Fallin For Governer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I absolutely detest Mary Fallin for voting for the bailout, and I wrote her a letter stating that I would do everything I could to ensure that she never held political office again in this state after that vote.

I think she is an unprincipled opportunist, and is only pro-"freedom," as the NRA flyer says, when it is convenient (which, let's face it, is not very often for a politician).

I don't know, though... I'm still thinking about voting for her in this election, just because when it comes to state issues, I think she would be better than Askins. I have to say, gun control is one of the biggest issues when it comes to state government. I'm sure Jeri Askins would shoot down any kind of open carry, firearms freedom act, or concealed carry on campus law that would come her way, just like Brad Henry did. I think Fallin would at least sign off on open carry and the firearms freedom act. Gun control is one of the very few issues with which we actually have a possibility of advancing liberty on the state level. Fallin also supposedly supports resisting mandatory health insurance, though I don't think she has the balls for outright nullification and interposition, like Brogdon would have.

As Governor, she really wouldn't be dealing with issues like national economic regulation, bailouts, and foreign policy, so the fact that I disagree with her on those things doesn't matter as much.

The only thing I'm worried about is prolonging her political career. I definitely don't want to see her become established in politics. It may be best in the long run to send her home this election, and hope we can get Brodgon in next time around. Maybe it would be better for the GOP in the long run if we concentrated on purging ourselves of all the statist candidates within our ranks before worrying about beating the Democrats. That's why I abstained from the '08 presidential election.

I think that Askins has this one in the bag. Too many in the GOP (like 1shot(bob)) can't stand Fallin for her bailout vote and will not vote for her no matter who's running against her. We Republicans definitely shot ourselves in the foot when we nominated her... she was the Democrats' favorite in the primary for that reason. One thing is for sure... she MAY get my vote, but I will not be campaigning for her or giving her any money.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fallin also supposedly supports resisting mandatory health insurance, though I don't think she has the balls for outright nullification and interposition, like Brogdon would have.

She toes the party line, which is why she won't resist the individual mandate.

Other than that, I agree with you.

lstdonsldr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, how about some of you man up and go talk to Mary. I was a Brogdon supporter, but have known Mary for years. If you have a problem with her voting for the Bailout, try to talk to her about it, ask her why? And dont be a jerk about it, just ask as a concerned citizen. That's what I did, and put in her situation, I probably would have done the same thing, if you don't know all the facts, it does look bad. I wont go into details, because its not my place. She's a lot more conservative than a lot of people give her credit for. I think some people will be pleasantly surprised during her time as governor.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lesser of two evils for me

I want as many republican governors in office as possible. She is the bigger picture is better than Jari

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, how about some of you man up and go talk to Mary. I was a Brogdon supporter, but have known Mary for years. If you have a problem with her voting for the Bailout, try to talk to her about it, ask her why? And dont be a jerk about it, just ask as a concerned citizen. That's what I did, and put in her situation, I probably would have done the same thing, if you don't know all the facts, it does look bad. I wont go into details, because its not my place. She's a lot more conservative than a lot of people give her credit for. I think some people will be pleasantly surprised during her time as governor.

That might be your key to actually getting a response from her.

Any time I've asked a question, it's resulted in a non-answer followed by "but if you vote for me..."

If you ask her campaign about the bailout, they send you here: http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=sY4_yH1eYQg

Latest posts

Top Bottom