Maryland man killed by police enforcing new red flag law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.3ccorp.net/2020/01/13/6...ylands-new-red-flag-gun-confiscation-law/amp/

A 61-year-old man was shot and killed by a police officer trying to enforce Maryland’s new ‘red flag’ gun confiscation law on Monday morning.

Maryland passed a law on October 1st providing for “extreme risk protective orders,” also known as a “red flag” law, which allows virtually anyone to file an ex parte petition with the court alleging that the gun owner poses an immediate danger to himself or others because he or she possesses a firearm.

If the court issues the order, police will show up at the person’s residence and seize their firearms without any notice or warning whatsoever.

It seems the guy's aunt turned him in.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That aunt of his needs to be brought up on manslaughter charges, the State needs to be sued into bankruptcy, and the law needs to be declared unconstitutional. These red flag laws are bad on many fronts. People are dying.

This is a prelude to what mass gun confiscation will be like. So far as I know, no law enforcement personnel have been injured or killed. Looks to me like this incident could very well have been the first. I hate to say it, but getting an officer killed might be the goal so the gun grabbers can say, "See? We said this person was a danger!"

Woody

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about greater access to mental health care for those in need. It’s not going to be the answer for everyone, but it beats taking away people’s guns or putting them in jail.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While I support Red Flag laws if done properly, (a hearing for mental competency) this is the wrong way to do it. The problem will just get worse as liberals and well meaning people did away with most mental institutions instead of demanding they be fixed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom