Mask Hysteria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Four data points is not really enough to see a trend. Also, there is a bunch of ineffective masks being used and a bunch of half-ass mask wearing going on out there. Smarter people than me say there is some positive benefit to wearing a mask (properly). Doctors / medical staff at hospitals wear masks - why?

View attachment 170816

You're seeing what you want to see. That's not just 4 data points... that's nearly 28 days of data. The numbers have increased.... yes or no? Don't get me wrong, I looked all this up before I asked the question, but you've got your head in the sand.

I'll give you another one, let's look at hospitalizations...

Per the report

Hospitalizations or PUIs

June 19-25 308
June 26 - July 2 391
July 3 -9 487
July 10-16 604
July 17-23 628
July 24-30 621
July 31-Aug 6 571

Now your insistence on changing the goalposts to healthcare workers is apples to oranges. Do NOT conflate what I'm saying with being anti-mask. The funny thing is you JUST eluded to why mandates seem have little effect. Unlike the general public, healthcare workers are not touching their masks constantly, they aren't wearing garbage cloth masks, they generally aren't reusing single use masks like the surgical ones, they STILL wash their hands, and they STILL social distance. Do I honestly need to go on?

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Death rates are significant for those 55 and older.

View attachment 170819

Per the reports previously posted.... a vast majority have AT LEAST 1 co-morbidity.

At least 1 chronic condition* 301 (80.3)
Chronic heart or circulatory disease 217 (57.9)
Diabetes 145 (38.7)
Chronic renal failure 81 (21.6)
Chronic lung failure 77 (20.5)
Chronic liver failure 13 (3.5)

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You're seeing what you want to see. That's not just 4 data points... that's nearly 28 days of data. The numbers have increased.... yes or no? Don't get me wrong, I looked all this up before I asked the question, but you've got your head in the sand.

I'll give you another one, let's look at hospitalizations...

Per the report

Hospitalizations or PUIs

June 19-25 308
June 26 - July 2 391
July 3 -9 487
July 10-16 604
July 17-23 628
July 24-30 621
July 31-Aug 6 571

Now your insistence on changing the goalposts to healthcare workers is apples to oranges. Do NOT conflate what I'm saying with being anti-mask. The funny thing is you JUST eluded to why mandates seem have little effect. Unlike the general public, healthcare workers are not touching their masks constantly, they aren't wearing garbage cloth masks, they generally aren't reusing single use masks like the surgical ones, they STILL wash their hands, and they STILL social distance. Do I honestly need to go on?

I see 2 down weeks and one up week from the start of the weekly data you provided - not enough data for me to recognize a trend. Regarding your last statement - I totally agree. Most of the general public is half-ass wearing nearly ineffective masks. It makes me wonder what the numbers would look like if the public was properly wearing N95 / KN95 masks.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Per the reports previously posted.... a vast majority have AT LEAST 1 co-morbidity.

At least 1 chronic condition* 301 (80.3)
Chronic heart or circulatory disease 217 (57.9)
Diabetes 145 (38.7)
Chronic renal failure 81 (21.6)
Chronic lung failure 77 (20.5)
Chronic liver failure 13 (3.5)

Agree - which applies to many, if not most, of us who are over 55.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on info (age and cormorbidity effects) I posted elsewhere, I have a 20% chance of being hospitalized and a 5% chance of dying. It is rational for me to wear good quality masks and minimize my interactions with people, so I do.
Each of us needs to choose wisely.

He chose poorly
Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 10.30.13 AM.png

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see 2 down weeks and one up week from the start of the weekly data you provided - not enough data for me to recognize a trend.

That's fine, most of what I'm posting is for everyone else. I've just shown via the source you posted that Infections, Hospitalizations, and deaths are all up over the last month and essentially have gone up since the middle of June and the mask mandate has made no difference as of now.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's fine, most of what I'm posting is for everyone else. I've just shown via the source you posted that Infections, Hospitalizations, and deaths are all up over the last month and essentially have gone up since the middle of June and the mask mandate has made no difference as of now.

My guess is the medical community’s recommendation to wear a masks included the basic understanding that masks should be worn properly while other guidelines are also followed. Apparently, many in the general public appear to lack basic common sense.

Latest posts

Top Bottom