Mask Hysteria

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
117234736_3197415590295057_7917375791846280871_n.jpg

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In addition to there being a much lower risk of transmission when masks are worn, masks improve the odds that when and if you get infected, you will receive a lesser innoculum of virus. A small amount allows your immune system to handle the virus in much better fashion than if you get hit with a large amount.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Firstly, want to preface any mention of the word “you” is not directed at OP or anyone else specifically. We’re all quick to defense, myself included but these are my thoughts in a general sense.

I have a 28 year old buddy fighting for his life in the hospital right now due to complications of covid. He has clotting in his lungs and its really a toss up at this point how it’s going to turn out. He’s an RN in a hospital in Michigan where they ran out of PPE. He chose his path and continued to take care of the sick knowing good and well his risk of being infected was high. Call it brave or dumb, it was his call. While you may not want to wear a mask because you don’t care, I hope you do consider that you’re affecting and infecting more than just yourself if you do get sick.

Being a Libertarian is almost impossible in a literal sense. While I pronounce to be one, I understand there are going to be some limitations. Most are commonly agreed on, like you shouldn’t be able to marry children or be able to unjustly kill your fellow man. Some are not so commonly agreed upon, this being one of them. You don’t like the government telling you what you what to do, and neither do I. But like it or not, while you have the right to cherry pick what you do and don’t agree with and only follow the rules you do agree with, everyone else has the right to tell you their opinion of your actions and act reactively to your decisions.

For things that are not illegal, you are immune from judicial prosecution, but you are not immune from social prosecution and should expect it when you are seen as a contrarian to public opinion, right or wrong.

As for me, I wear my n95 when I’m in public and I will avoid you due to your choice of not. I’m not going to verbally engage you as being an instigator while carrying a firearm is a no-no, but I will avoid you and I will think a few thoughts in my head silently about your ignorance of the subject. I’m not doing it because big daddy government tells me to and I feel I “have to.” I do it because I want to and I simply understand basic science and realize that while it isn’t perfect, it can help the reduction of chance for someone to get sick including you and including me. I have severe asthma, so it’s a PITA for me to wear it for extended periods of time, but I don’t use it as an excuse, it’s a small price to pay.

You may not agree with me, but if I am an a-symptomatic carrier standing next to you, you’re going to appreciate it nevertheless.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn’t trying to convert anyone. If he wants to wear a mask that’s fine with me. But he needs to mind his own business. I don’t know where you get I was trying to “convert” him. I didn’t lie to myself about anything. I got mad at what the guy did and said some things to him. My goal wasn’t to try and convince him of something. My goal was to let him know I ain’t just gonna take some random stranger harassing me. He had no right to do that. Especially when I’m in the middle of a good conversation with another man. I don’t care what that guy thinks of me. I was wrong for losing my temper and I have repented of it. End of story.

I was talking about your "Hopefully he keeps his mouth shut now," comment. Just making the point that I think it unlikely you achieved anything in that regard... interactions like this tend to cement the opinions on both sides more firmly, so I doubt there will be any change.

Oh well, it is what it is. Human nature.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking about your "Hopefully he keeps his mouth shut now," comment. Just making the point that I think it unlikely you achieved anything in that regard... interactions like this tend to cement the opinions on both sides more firmly, so I doubt there will be any change.

Oh well, it is what it is. Human nature.
Ah ok. Sorry I didn’t mean to sound like a rear. Thanks for clarifying what you meant.

Merit

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

^ THIS ^

^ AND THIS ^
Carbon dioxide (CO2) is a gas the body naturally produces as waste. We breathe in oxygen (O2) to fuel organs and tissues and the end product is CO2. The balance between these two gases is required for a healthy body. However, when we rebreathe CO2 it can have harmful and sometimes dangerous effects on the body. When CO2 levels are elevated in the body it is known as hypercapnia. Hypercapnia can occur for a number of reasons, one of which is rebreathing our own exhaled CO2. Rebreathing CO2 can lead to increased blood pressure, headaches, muscle twitches, rapid heart rate, chest pain, confusion, and fatigue. In extreme cases, if left untreated, hypercapnia can lead to organ damage and even have long standing effects on the brain.

So now you Know. Gives a whole New perspective to "I cant Breathe"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom