Mausers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is the mausers I have recently acquired for my collection.

First up is a yugo capture K98k. All the evil markings were scrubbed off. It was done at radionica 145 arsenal in the former yugoslavia.

Next is a Brazilian M954 mauser in 30-06.

Last but not least is my 1916 Danzig Gew 98 that served in WWI and the Spanish Civil War. It is non import marked to boot. As you can see on the buttstock is the MP8 flaming bomb cartouche that indicates use in the SCW. The rear sight was changed to the K98k style sometime post WWI and is marked S/42G along the righthand side of the rear sight base. The sling is a repro from IMA.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last but not least is my 1916 Danzig Gew 98 that served in WWI and the Spanish Civil War. It is non import marked to boot. As you can see on the buttstock is the MP8 flaming bomb cartouche that indicates use in the SCW. The rear sight was changed to the K98k style sometime post WWI and is marked S/42G along the righthand side of the rear sight base. The sling is a repro from IMA.

Nice. Do you have any close-up pics showing how the rear of the sling is attached? Why in front of the trigger guard and not the sling swivel on the butt stock?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it's like mine, it had a factory "quick detach-type" swivel that connected to the hole in front of the triggerguard. Used for parade shouldering, I'm told. Nice stuff. I think I saw the Danzig for sale - I wanted it, too.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice. Do you have any close-up pics showing how the rear of the sling is attached? Why in front of the trigger guard and not the sling swivel on the butt stock?

There is a hole in the triggerguard for the QD sling attachment. See below post. The spanish added the rear sling swivel according to DocAV on gunboards.

If it's like mine, it had a factory "quick detach-type" swivel that connected to the hole in front of the triggerguard. Used for parade shouldering, I'm told. Nice stuff. I think I saw the Danzig for sale - I wanted it, too.

Yes thats how it attaches. I got this one off gunauction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom