Mayfield wins Heisman and someone owes me some ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That doesn't take away from what he did. He came in cold and had not really practice for game time all week. And he has been working with the 2's all training camp. Damn impressive to do it.

What? You're joking right?

If you are Cleveland, and haven't won in two years, Baker's your hero!

Don't get me wrong. It's a great accomplishment. I already acknowledged that in an earlier post. What a great way to start your NFL career.

This comment was directed at all of the "Beginning of the Mayfield era!" and "Mayfield has arrived!" hype.

Pump the brakes, is all I'm saying. Let's not put him in the Superbowl yet lol. It was half of a game against, like I said, one of the worst defenses in the league right now. Let's temper the enthusiasm and see how he does in the next few games. A commentator made the comment "Mayfield had so much more confidence than Tyrod when he stepped on the field"....Uh, yeah, because he hasn't been wrecked by the likes of Khalil Mack yet LOL.

Cleveland's D deserves as much if not more credit for finally shutting down the Jets' offense, which is ranked among the best right now (#1 in yards and #2 in points).

I guess the best game plan would be to change QB's before every game or when trailing :boxing3:

That's exactly what happens once and awhile, when the starter is stinking it up AND you have a good backup LOL.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong. It's a great accomplishment. I already acknowledged that in an earlier post. What a great way to start your NFL career.

This comment was directed at all of the "Beginning of the Mayfield era!" and "Mayfield has arrived!" hype.

Pump the brakes, is all I'm saying. Let's not put him in the Superbowl yet lol. It was half of a game against, like I said, one of the worst defenses in the league right now. Let's temper the enthusiasm and see how he does in the next few games. A commentator made the comment "Mayfield had so much more confidence than Tyrod when he stepped on the field"....Uh, yeah, because he hasn't been wrecked by the likes of Khalil Mack yet LOL.

Cleveland's D deserves as much if not more credit for finally shutting down the Jets' offense, which is ranked among the best right now (#1 in yards and #2 in points).
You're correct. I think Mayfield is a great player that could be something special, but that's a long term thing. When he went to Clev., I was concerned because so many potential HOF'ers are put behind a weak line and get destroyed long before they can develop into that player.
I don't want him to start, just yet. He still needs development and maturing into the game.
I like him and think he might become the best deal in the draft in many years. (Million years for the Browns, that have really screwed up in the past)

That's exactly what happens once and awhile, when the starter is stinking it up AND you have a good backup LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom