MCAAP Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

HPRemy

Has anyone hunted the ammunition plant? I drew the Hominy area for Oct 12-14 and would like any info on the area. Also I am flying solo so if there are any groups that are short a guy or others who are coming the same weekend I'm looking for someone to share the cost of a cabin with.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you haven't called already about a cabin you should do so quickly, they usually get reserved within an hour after the results are posted. If they are booked they will still put you on a cancelation list if you want. Hominy is the only area I haven't hunted, sorry!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be there the week before you. I have about 4 dozen calls into them at this moment. Noboby answers the phone for cabins, and I even have the "secret" number from a guy I know that works on the base.

H

HPRemy

I'll be there the week before you. I have about 4 dozen calls into them at this moment. Noboby answers the phone for cabins, and I even have the "secret" number from a guy I know that works on the base.
I got them to answer but no cabins available. I asked about the camper trailers for rent and she told me I have to call back August 23. She said that they open at 6:30 AM and I better call as soon as they open if I hope to get a trailer. Live and learn I guess

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I called, cabins are booked, im number 64 on cancelation list. She told me to call Sept 10th at 0630 to try and reserve a camper.

I reserved 2 rooms at Candle Light Inn, just outside gate.

This is my first time for Hominy, been to Deer Creek twice and have a most awesome place there. Missed one of the "most wanted" 3 times and another monster twice. Managed to shoot a doe at 10am Sunday, that promptly ran into a restricted area. Mr. Starry could not get permission to enter so had to leave arrowless and deerless.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hominy is the western most section. The boundry is road C to the east and Ashland on the south.

Im not sure but i think the new range is part of the SW section of Boggy.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry, no Hominy advice. It's the only one I haven't been to. The sound of "Hoooooominyyyy Driiiiiiiiivers" awaits!

Latest posts

Top Bottom