MCAAP Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deercrz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well ended up having a pretty good hunt didn't see a lot of deer but had a goold time. Weather did not stay cool for long it down right got hot Saturday and Sunday. As I mentioned earlier I passed on a six point Friday evening then regretted that decision. Saturday morning was cool and I had two does come in walking straight to me then at 30 yards the big one heads west. Thought she might turn and come down the trail ten yards from me and she doesn't I think this is my only shot at the small one for a pass for next year and I fling one at her. There goes my pass right over her back. Well Dang. Hope I get another chance.Saturday evening same stand sit for awile nothing. Decide to grunt few times to see if anything happens. And it does a deer blows and runs north. Well not doing that again. OK its Sunday morning 70 degrees and wind blowing bout 20 not what you want.but I still have hope after seeing the most deer we seen going in on the drive. Well I got another chance. A small Buck comes in right behind me and gives me a broadside shot at 15 yards pick my spot and let it fly. And miss again this time just low. Grab another arrow nock up he is standing at 30yards now looking at the arrow. I'm wait for him to make a move to see what he's gonna do. He starts walking back the same way he came now its 10 yard shot broadside he stops I draw and center punch him finally got a deer with recurve. So I wait and wait feels like hours I get down after an hour and start looking find good blood 5 feet from where I shot alright. I'm pumped.I trail for bout 100 yards and the blood get very light oh no. Call for my group to help after looking. With no more sign. My cousin has eyes like a hawk and finds spots bout every 40 yards I find some tracks crossing the Bunker road then a fire break look up and see some really thick cover that looks impassable but know he has to be in there so I break my way through walk five yards and see him laying there in a ditch. Now I'm not just pumped but also very relieved. He's not p/y or a pass but my first Buck with a bow and first traditional kill so a true trophy in my eyes. My uncle shot a doe my dad missed. One and also had a Pope and young come directly under his stand and walk straight away never offering. A shot. Sorry so long but.still excited.
PS I did get video of him calling for drivers if I figure out how to post it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom