MCG17 (Mob Control Glock 17)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a real nice Gen 3 the other day (big shout out to @KurtM). It's loaded out with extended everything, Heinie sights, 3.5 trigger disconnect and 6 OEM mags. 3/17 rounders and 3 with the Dawson metal high capacity +6 basepads. All original parts included plus 2 nice holsters. One is a Blade-Tech with a double magazine holder and the other is a Safari with retention. To say I'm pleased is an understatement. This is getting mounted in my truck with the extended mags so that'll give me 70 rds to ward off evil doers. I need to know what defensive ammo you good people are running in this particular firearm? Brand, bullet weight and why would be really helpful. I would rather not shoot up a bunch of my stash finding out but if I had to it can be done. I'm going to mount a holster setup on the side of my console so I also would like to know what ya'll are using? I'm thinking velcro on the mount instead of screws. As always, all opinions for or against are appreciated.
20200709_190013.jpg
20200709_185935.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good choice.

My truck gun is a 22 and the car is a 27. Carry multiple loaded extended mags in each vehicle 24/7. Same platform, same mags, etc.

Not sure what I even have them loaded with. HPs, I know that. I don't think it particularly matters all that much. I have the same truck cab you do (looks like, anyways, mine's an '04), and I've always thought I should mount mine under the dash instead of the side like you're showing. I never have, I keep it in the door pocket, 'cause I put HLCDs under my dash and that took up the spot.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got luck with my truck since it has a little pocket on the side of the center console and there's a little lip on it to catch a clip, so I just got a kydex IWB holster with a standard plastic clip and used velcro on the bottom half to keep it in place.

I'm using a Glock 48 with Shield arms mags, so when I leave the truck, I can just CC it.

20200710_153442.jpg
20200710_153422.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom