Meat shortage.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go to Cossey's and ask for the stuffed bone in chops. mmmm

Absolutely!!!

c8b043853df9adcdd69048f17bf8e7a4.jpg

3b360125445c088d55a4c2cab764feb8.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
probably similar to the alcohol distributor situation, where a small group controls the vast majority of distribution and enjoys legal protection from competition.

I have no clue how it is now but in Okla during the 60's through the late 80's there were two distributors of liquor in Oklahoma. I-40 was the borderline. The Northern half Distributor was in Ponca City. Huge warehouse with dozens of small bobtail trucks taking off every morning to supply the liquor stores.
Tinker AFB was the crown jewel and the two distributors fought many law suits over who was to be the supplier.Sa
They paid well and a lot of locals worked there at night loading the trucks and others as drivers. Dad ran a tight ship and brought son along to take over the business. When dad died, son took over and within three years of a cocaine ring around his nose, lost the business.
There are so many sin taxes on Oklahoma alcohol that its one of the highest priced in the country.
Same with beef? I don't know.
I do know Sonic is having a beef shortage. Went there tonight and there are only two burger choices, both single patty.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother and I are taking a 1200# steer to the packer tomorrow, and I’m not quite out from last year. There won’t be a meat shortage for my family.:thumb:

We’re talking about raising pig for slaughter in the fall.:hey3:
I remember the days when pigs were almost free. There was no market for them and producers were either killing them or turning them loose.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to WalMart a while ago (this morning) and the pork section was FULL for the first time in weeks that I remember. I snatched 3 racks of babybacks because they were Smithfield, not the usual Tyson they get at WM. Smithfield has always had better quality to me than Tyson has.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to WalMart a while ago (this morning) and the pork section was FULL for the first time in weeks that I remember. I snatched 3 racks of babybacks because they were Smithfield, not the usual Tyson they get at WM. Smithfield has always had better quality to me than Tyson has.
Smithfield!?! China lover!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom