MEGA and RRA-LPK group buys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been working diligently for 10 days to get some answers concerning the group buys being "organized" by FlashoverTacticalFirearms (Les).

I've been in direct contact with the head person at MEGA, and they have not received payment for the buy. They have receivers ready to ship, but they also have not been able to get in contact with Les. Obviously, MEGA can do nothing for us until they receive money, so don't waste your time bothering them.

I have FFL dealers ready to handle the transfers if need be...but at this point we have no way to obtain the receivers for transfer.

Given how much I was able to get completed on the MEGA buy, I didn't bother checking with RRA on the LPK buy. I can only assume they have not been paid for either.

Les knows about this problem, but he will not discuss it with me. I know that he has discussed it with several members here, and I get different stories from different members. Even after PMs, emails, and voicemails to his phone, Les refuses to talk to me about "the problem". Because Les is dealing with personal problems, I thought I could help do the legwork, and get these buys completed. I thought wrong.

I've done my best to handle a situation that initially did not involve me. And given that I have handled many group buys on this and other forums, I thought I could help with these.

Until payment is made to the manufacturers, we can not get the products that Les has been paid for.
At this point, it will be up to each individual to either:
-Get your ordered product from Les
-Get your money returned from Les
-Take any LEGAL action you see fit against Les

I know what's coming in replies...
Keep it clean and legal.

okkaps

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is my update in trying to get a refund:

Contacted Les via email, msgs, pm's, etc. (or attempted to contact him) several times and finally got a response back (to paraphrase) from him stating "did you get your refund?" to which I replied "no". That's the ONLY thing I have heard from him in about a month and a half- two months. I filed a claim with PayPal and my credit card so we'll see what happens with that. I get the impression there isn't much luck on getting a refund from him but we'll see.

Not to get into the semantics of it all but business is business and it would be great if he took care of his business in a more timely fashion because it looks like there is ALOT of money outstanding. I'm patient along with the rest of you guys/ girls on here but an update from him is long overdue and it's not asking alot from someone who is holding that much of our cash.

I wish him the best with any personal issues he is facing because Lord knows we have all had those at one time or another.

Thanks to YukonGlocker for trying to get things sorted out!! :thanku:

Here is the contact info I have for him since alot has been removed from his website:

Leslie Wiles
Flashover Tactical Firearms
5201 NW 109th Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73162
(405) 255-0360
www.flashovertacticalfirearms.com
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of legal action could we take? Would we do it as a class action lawsuit? I'm assuming I'm not the only one thinking about legal action. This is absolutley rediculous...

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
this is the route i suggest taking if he continues to refuse to talk about the situation:

Title 21 Section 1953

Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act

A. It shall be unlawful to:

2. Use a computer, computer system, computer network or any other property as hereinbefore defined for the purpose of devising or executing a scheme or artifice with the intent to defraud, deceive, extort or for the purpose of controlling or obtaining money, property, services or other thing of value by means of a false or fraudulent pretense or representation;

B. Any person convicted of violating paragraph 1, 2, 3, 6, 7 or 9 of subsection A of this section shall be guilty of a felony punishable as provided in Section 1955 of this title.

A. Upon conviction of a felony under the provisions of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act, punishment shall be by a fine of not less than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00) and not more than One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00), or by confinement in the State Penitentiary for a term of not more than ten (10) years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

I know some folks down in the white collar crimes section of OCPD and with the Oklahoma County DA's office...... so basically if someone would like to contact Les and get him to refund our money or we can go the more embarrassing route.

Its hard for me to believe that he intended on ripping off fellow OSA members, but he ended up doing it...

for criminal charges we would need full name and address and the amount paid and how it was paid. if anyone mailed him a check then we could also look at mail fraud, as I know a few postal inspectors as well.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of legal action could we take? Would we do it as a class action lawsuit? I'm assuming I'm not the only one thinking about legal action. This is absolutley rediculous...

Sounds right... Do we have an attorney on the boards?

Nanotech9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe you should start off in small claims court, which will force him to either show up in court or else a bench warrant will be issued for his arrest.

small claims court is for $1500 or less i think? (it may be more but its a small number for sure).

be prepared to pay some fees to start the small claims process, and be prepared for it to take about 1.5 - 2 years to complete.

truckmann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sadly I think small claims is a waste of time. It would probably cost more money and time than what most people would expect to get back and there is little to no enforcement on the judgments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom