MEGA and RRA-LPK group buys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaMastaChief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of you guys who are 'left'...... meaning he hasn't made amends of any sort....what is the update here. Or the answer. Any facts? Any progression?

I've been out for a while, and have been wondering for you guys.

TMC

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks, TMC.

No action thus far. I think it's getting difficult to get a lot of momentum behind this since it's just 3-4 guys who are out a few hundred each.

I will be contacting Julie again to see if she's got the bandwidth to work on this again.

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to find out what station and shift he is on and call there ! The fire service is big on integrity. Try calling the cities human resource dept and see if they can pull it out of his check . Talk to his company officer. Make sure his whole crew Knossos what he is doing.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It looks like a couple of weeks ago his attorney filed suit against him:

http://www.oscn.net/applications/os...caseGeneral&casemasterID=2082383&db=Cleveland

I'd say at this point anyone who is owed anything by Les should probably just file a small claims suit, get a default judgment against him and get in line to have your judgment paid by garnishment. The good thing is, he will be easy to find and serve and easy to garnish. The bad thing is, it looks like he already has a bunch of suits ahead of you garnishing his wages so it could take years to get anything.

Good luck. After following this thread I just wince whenever someone proposes a group buy for something. (And I wasn't even involved in this situation personally.)

Bryan

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to find out what station and shift he is on and call there ! The fire service is big on integrity. Try calling the cities human resource dept and see if they can pull it out of his check . Talk to his company officer. Make sure his whole crew Knossos what he is doing.

It's not as simple as just pulling it out of his check. You have to have a judgment against him and issue a garnishment summons. Your garnishment will go to the end of the line behind those who are already being paid via garnishment.

Bryan

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be contacting Julie again to see if she's got the bandwidth to work on this again.

The state's felony case against Les was dismissed so other than a state employee just being helpful and trying to apply a little pressure I doubt there is anything they can really do.

Bryan

eellis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not as simple as just pulling it out of his check. You have to have a judgment against him and issue a garnishment summons. Your garnishment will go to the end of the line behind those who are already being paid via garnishment.

Bryan

Yes I understand that Bryan but if it were my money I would go to his fire station while he was on duty and tell him to give me my fn money and make sure his crew members new what a pos he was. I would get my monies worth out of his s••••a••!

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes I understand that Bryan but if it were my money I would go to his fire station while he was on duty and tell him to give me my fn money and make sure his crew members new what a pos he was. I would get my monies worth out of his s••••a••!

While I would certainly be tempted to do something like that I would I would not and I definitely do not recommend it. There's just no point in putting yourself in legal jeopardy over the situation.

Bryan

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is stickied so those with a loss can keep it updated. If you weren't in this clusterFu@#, then read the other 47 pages, most opinions have been offered on how one should get their money back and how angry each one of them got.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like a couple of weeks ago his attorney filed suit against him:

http://www.oscn.net/applications/os...caseGeneral&casemasterID=2082383&db=Cleveland

I'd say at this point anyone who is owed anything by Les should probably just file a small claims suit, get a default judgment against him and get in line to have your judgment paid by garnishment. The good thing is, he will be easy to find and serve and easy to garnish. The bad thing is, it looks like he already has a bunch of suits ahead of you garnishing his wages so it could take years to get anything.

Good luck. After following this thread I just wince whenever someone proposes a group buy for something. (And I wasn't even involved in this situation personally.)

Bryan

Bryan,

Thanks for looking that up for us. Seems Les is halfway or more down the slippery slope since this all started. I've said this many times before, but I think he's a good guy at heart but things just aren't working out for him. I cannot fathom what it is like to be living like that.. with the **** just piling up. Must be like those guys in movies who borrow from the mob and live in daily fear of what'll happen next.

I'm out $135 for the 2 RRA LPKs + PayPal 5%. While it would be NICE to get that money back, I'm not sure yet if I want to take my personal time and cost to file anything against him for the very minimal chance I'll get anything anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom