Memphis player charged with assault after punching opponent in the face in handshake line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That’s not enough. It’s been 6 days, if I’m not mistaken, since that game and incident.

That player should have been immediately suspended from the team and then quickly released from the team then kicked out of school.

This is a perfectly clear example of what is wrong with college sports and the how coaches and administrators more want to win games instead of helping players to be decent human beings. It’s thug culture.

I’ve heard of Memphis referred to as Mogadishu of the Mississippi. It’s surely seems an accurate assessment.

Another coddled and protected player, not a decent human being.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting that the Memphis women's basketball web page has already transitioned to automatically post the 23'-24' roster which of course has her and other seniors and transfer players removed. I couldn't find another women's program that's done that, they all still show the 22'-23' roster.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good! What they don't learn at home, they will learn in jail.
If only that were true. As we both know though, for the majority, a trip to jail is nothing more than a chance to reconnect with friends and family they haven't seen in awhile. The walk down to their cell, thanks to all the other inmates cheering their arrival, is more like a walk down the red carpet than the sobering experience it should be.

Last edited:

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s not enough. It’s been 6 days, if I’m not mistaken, since that game and incident.

That player should have been immediately suspended from the team and then quickly released from the team then kicked out of school.

This is a perfectly clear example of what is wrong with college sports and the how coaches and administrators more want to win games instead of helping players to be decent human beings. It’s thug culture.

I’ve heard of Memphis referred to as Mogadishu of the Mississippi. It’s surely seems an accurate assessment.

Another coddled and protected player, not a decent human being.
West Memphis sure is. You know you is in da hood when the po po's street cams are vandalized.

bubbaturbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to live in Memphis. I graduated from Memphis State and started working in Memphis. There were bad parts of town but being young, single, and bulletproof, lots of things don't necessarily make it onto your radar. Then I got married. That makes you a little more circumspect. Then we had our first kid. That almost immediately caused a panic to somehow get out of Memphis, because no matter where he goes to school, he's still living in an unsafe city. Various circumstances and events caused us to settle in OKC. There are things I don't like about OK, scenery, for example, but I can't say I have ever felt unsafe. Now I have a brand new grandson and daughter/son-in-law are very worried about where he is going to go to school.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure she'll play the black card and claim the white girl called her the "N" word so it was justified.
If White people would react to these events as if the situation were reversed, this crap would stop. Hit a biker flying colors when his buddies are around, punch a cop when his co-workers are present....take notes on what an appropriate response is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom