1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Midway USA Quick shipping

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by swampratt, Jul 29, 2020 at 9:51 PM.

1. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I ordered another Press a 4 hole turret Lee and .223 dies and trimmer and some Sabots for the .50 muzzleloader all stuff in stock..I check that of course.

Anyway I placed the order at 7:40 PM Sunday evening July 26 and got home tonight July 29 and the package was delivered.
    Less than 72 hours I had my stuff.

That is the normal when I order from them.
    Free shipping also..saved some coin there vs others that did want to charge shipping.

This press will get one of my neighbors into reloading :)

DRC458 and Oklahomabassin like this.
  2. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Bout a few small things last Saturday. It came in this afternoon.

DRC458 likes this.
  3. Capm_Spaulding

Capm_Spaulding Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Same! Ammo I ordered Sunday came in yesterday. Surprised in the best way.

DRC458 likes this.
  4. Shriner

Shriner Sharpshooter

Standard shipping /lowest cost ? Lately when I have ordered small items 1 lb or less UPS/USPS sent them by way of Waco Tx - Okc -Tulsa -BA or in other words 6-8 day shipping for something I could drive to KC to get , or am I just being cheap not to pay $20 + for faster shipping . When I order from Gaff &sons in Mexico Mo or Primary arms in Houston they ship to the door in 2-3 days for $9.95

5. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Special Hen Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    What? No USPS sucks and where’s my package thread this week. What am I supposed to do all day?

beardking likes this.
  6. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I ordered something that eBay said would be here by Saturday, as soon as USPS got it they estimated delivery Friday, but I actually got it today (Thursday).

Can you find out why the first estimates were off by two days!?

:pms2:

7. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Special Hen Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Don’t you just hate when that happens. FedEx delivered my Omaha Steaks as scheduled today too. They even left them on the right porch. What’s the world coming to. Oh well, maybe tomorrow someone will complain how the Pony Express was faster or how they could have done a better job themselves. Some OSA’ers never disappoint.

8. Iron sharpens Iron

Iron sharpens Iron Marksman

Rating
    100%
    Interesting to note, I ordered last night and received a notice this morning that my order has shipped. We will see how long it really takes.

9. nemesis

nemesis Sharpshooter

On the other hand............

I ordered two Magpul mags from midway on July 4. Estimated delivery was July 11.

July 11 came and went and still no mags. July 14, UPS said they gave it to the USPS. After about a week I went down to the post office to ask the guy and he checked their system. No USPS facility had ever received it.

Midway isn't answering their phones and shut down chat. They say email only. I emailed them 3 times over the next few days. No response.

However, they sent me a thank you email for being a valued customer and in the bottom paragraph in small blue print was "contact us." It was a link that allowed me the "chat" option. That was July 25. Three weeks after my order. Thing is, Midway only gives you 30 days to contest a charge. After that, you eat the loss.

When the guy came online via "chat", I requested a refund. A few days later, my credit card statement indicated they refunded the amount. That was July 27.

Guess what was delivered that afternoon? Yep. The mags. Figures. Some things I guess you have to ask for a refund before the shipping gremlins get you your stuff.

Midway finally got around to emailing me about the mags. Only, now I think now they want their money. Now they're prompt in their response.

Maybe I'll wait 23 days.

10. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Special Hen Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Did you ever find out when USPS ever actually got possession of the package?