Military Bolt Action benchrest @ Oklahoma City Gun Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to the OKCGC website there is a Miltary Bolt Action match tomorrow (Sat 5/12) @ 8am. I was planning on dropping by and checking it out, but wasn't planning on participating.

Can anyone tell me if the rain will likely have an effect on the match and what time is a good time to show up just to observe? I don't need to show up and watch everyone shoot the bull for an hour during signup and setup.

Thanks,

Slack

http://www.okcgunclub.org/military/mb/main.html

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
slack, are you a memeber of the club? even if you are not, all of the shooting disciplines welcome newcomers and observers. MoBoost is active in the MBA shoots and will probably be there. I need to get active myself and work up some loads for the swede!
andrei, jump in here. is whitey blanshan in charge of the MBA shoots?

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a member. I have never been to the OKC Gun Club and would like to check it out. Just to verify, is this event open to non-members? I couldn't remember who had invited me to check it out, but I just looked through my PMs and it was CoolHandLuke. I think I will send him a PM real quick :-)

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a member. I have never been to the OKC Gun Club and would like to check it out. Just to verify, is this event open to non-members? I couldn't remember who had invited me to check it out, but I just looked through my PMs and it was CoolHandLuke. I think I will send him a PM real quick :-)

The match is open to non-members. It's only $5 to shoot. If you are coming out - might as well shoot ;)

The actual shooting starts at 8am sharp. You are encoraged to show-up 15-20min to get setup. You'll be shooting 2 hours straight - there will be people to chat with from "the other" relay.

Sign-up is usually done a month ahead. The match is held every first Saturday - rain, tornado or snow. This month is an exception due to Annual Club Meet.

This month 1st relay is full. 2nd relay starts around 10am and there are few available spots. If you want to watch - any time is ok - it'll give you an opportunity to check out the facilities.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks MoBoost. I gots me a gun and some boolits, but that about it. I know I am short a rest and a spotting scope. What else is needed?

I figured I would come out with my buddy and his son to check it out. I am hoping to chat, observe and figure out what the best value is for a rest and any other equipment that is needed. I am kinda cheap bastard, but I know better than to buy the cheapest and I won't buy the best ;-)

Maybe I will bring a rifle and some ammo, just in case you guys talk me into it! As I am a poor shooter, don't have a nice Springfield, M96, or even a Finnish Mosin I may have to skip the 91/30 and bring a T53 Mosin just to have another excuse to do poorly.

Then I have to run off to SuperDave's gun show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom