Military bolt match tips.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boost thanks for the offer! I picked up a cheapie Winchester sharp shooter rifle rest at walmart tonight on a whim went looking for ammo and found it.

i229.photobucket.com_albums_ee16_gfercaks33_D275FE12_A6B1_46394a656fb0c99b6a4c3d8ea6eab43c4f34.jpg

For $30 I can't complain looks sturdy enough one of the screw holes is stripped but I emailed Winchester and hopefully they will make it right.

I may need to take you up on the spotting scope offer. I'm gonna need all the tips I can get this is new territory.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Boost thanks for the offer! I picked up a cheapie Winchester sharp shooter rifle rest at walmart tonight on a whim went looking for ammo and found it.

I'd return it while you can for a few reasons:
- not very well built, breaks all the time even with mild recoil.
- vertical adjustment is a joke.
- it doesn't let the rifle recoil naturally
- you can get "on" the rifle properly
- illegal in most matches as it is considered a "vise" (since front and rear are attached to each other).

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
daniel(gfercaks33), glad you made it out. look forward to next months match. we'll get your gun dialed in before hand.
calamityjake,do you usually shoot at bench 4? i'll mosey down there and introduce myself next time.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i had a complete blast this morning! dlbleak thank you so much for having the patience to help me out. after i got home and thought on the scoring it clicked for me, i also have a very nasty bruise from shouldering it wrong! moboost thank you for loaning me the stuff. im going to pick up a caldwell rock jr. they look lik a simpler version of what you loaned me and are on sale at midway currently.

Latest posts

Top Bottom