military rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Btw, "Jap" is a derogatory term. Many/most people of Japanese ancestry take offense to it. Brings back memories of American "internment" camps of Japanese-Americans and racism that followed them, including the returning members of the 442nd regiment... the most decorated regiment in US Army history, made up almost entirely of Japanese-Americans.

You can't really say that "Jap" refers to only the Imperial Japanese of WWII because Jap is short for Japanese. It refers to the ethnicity as a whole.

Be that as it may, its still how I'll refer to them, same as I feel for all those "RagHeads". I was in Iraq for two years, an got to see first hand how they are so loving to everyone!!

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not racist i just think "jap" is quicker to spell than Japanese.you see I'm not racist I'm just lazy.i also didn't know that in Iraq they were so loving.everyone else seems to think the opposite

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) Veteran use is exempt from racism IMHO, since it refers to "group of enemies" not group of people in general.
2) "Jap" is a racist term - either accept being racist, or apologize for your ignorance.
3) dustin - in modern terms "racism" includes both race and ethnic discrimination.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not racist i just think "jap" is quicker to spell than Japanese.you see I'm not racist I'm just lazy.i also didn't know that in Iraq they were so loving.everyone else seems to think the opposite

Im on this with you. Abreviating, shortning things has been around forever, its not racist. Auto, fridge, tv, phone, the list goes on and on. I dont care what some PC peps think. Im not changing for them. Im going to call all the people that cry racist, rasist because they offend me and my freedom of expression. Just cause they say some thing doesnt make it so. Shortning things is about as rasist as PC is correct.. I think most these PC people have lived very sheltered lives

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you just referred me to a post that simply agreed with you ... bit of catch 22 there ain't it.

Since you claim to be a history buff - go ahead and educate me how SS was just fighting for their country - it was not part of the army, it was volunteer armed part of Nazi party, they were the violent extremist of the Nazi ideology, thay pledged to obey Hitler and only Hitler. Go ahead - throw some knowledge at me.

Reading comprehension:

However I would make a distinction between the Waffen SS and the Totenkopfverbande SS (camp guards).

Yes, the SS for the most part was an all-volunteer, military arm of the Nazi Party. Only some of the SS had any involvement with the camps. There were Wehrmacht soldiers who were transferred to the SS; there were Hitler Youth that were absorbed into the SS. For the most part, most Waffen-SS troops had nothing to do with the KZ camps, though some were rotated into guard duty there. As I said, it's complex, and painting the whole thing with a broad brush is just weak ********. You do realize the SS - to many young Germans - was the elite forces. So signing up with them was to some of them, similar to being in the Airborne or other elite units of our military. I could go on and on, but I don't have time. I can revisit this later.

Latest posts

Top Bottom