military rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does the picture of mother holding a child being shot by SS look like it was taken at a camp?

True: Einsatzgruppe - they were scumbags, along with the Allgemeine-SS. There were lots of scumbags in the Waffen-SS too, but I also realize there were some in the latter group who weren't. There were lots of guys transferred into the SS, and some were conscripts. That's why I don't condemn all of them.

Look, I'm not sticking up for them; but the notion of "I don't want to own a rifle used by German troops because one might have shot a civilian" is bizarre to me. So don't include any Russian guns, what with the atrocities they committed. I can come up with pics of dead Poles or German civilians killed by the Red Army - does the possible murder of them not bother your gun-conscience?

Koshinn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
True: Einsatzgruppe - they were scumbags, along with the Allgemeine-SS. There were lots of scumbags in the Waffen-SS too, but I also realize there were some in the latter group who weren't. There were lots of guys transferred into the SS, and some were conscripts. That's why I don't condemn all of them.

Look, I'm not sticking up for them; but the notion of "I don't want to own a rifle used by German troops because one might have shot a civilian" is bizarre to me. So don't include any Russian guns, what with the atrocities they committed. I can come up with pics of dead Poles or German civilians killed by the Red Army - does the possible murder of them not bother your gun-conscience?

I don't want to drink any water because if I do, it's possible I'm drinking a water molecule that once inhabited the body of a concentration camp guard.

I don't breathe either. Real men survive without oxygen.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would feel more happy owning a gun that i knew killed someone at a certain time in a certain place than not know anything about that particular gun.i would like it more because i would have a piece of history with a story preserved.good or bad its still history

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see his point in condemning the SS guys, there were a lot of dirtbags in that organization. My only contention is that there were also some that weren't common murderers. Apart from that whole debate, I don't have a problem owning any K98 rifle from WWII, regardless of it's history. It's important to preserve those relics, and hating what some were used for doesn't change anything.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as of now i have a M1 garand,91/30 nagant,VZ24,OVIEDO Spanish Mauser,and want a MAS36,Type99 Arisaka,Italian Carcano,Lee Enfield,K98,GEW88,1891 Argentine,and a Siamese Mauser.when i turn 18 and can purchase rifles myself my collection will skyrocket

Latest posts

Top Bottom