1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Milsurp Thread!

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by flatwins, Feb 28, 2012.

1. I have a Nagoya type 99, I don't know how to tell if it's a series 6. But it has a ground mum. I have 3 others but I don't know enough about the markings to say for sure what they are. I know one is a Toyo Kogyo, the other 2 are either Koshikawa or Kokura. The markings look the same to me, I'm definately not an expert on Jap rifles. 3 are carbines, one is long. I have 2 more that I got in a trade years ago that came to me taken apart in a box, they are still in the box, somewhere. I will find them and see if I can identify them. These are the only Arisakas I've had and never paid much attention to them because I don't know anything about them. If anybody knows about these I would buy you dinner or cook you a steak if you would come look at them and share your knowledge.
    [​IMG]

2. These pics are a little better.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    the one with the cylindrical shaped bolt handle that is a series 6 or 7 feature.

4. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Definitely sounds like an arsenal rebuild and not a Greek return (thought it might be Greek due to the dark park and the fact that many seem to have beat up scant stocks).

I'd just leave it be unless you plan on trying to replace the incorrect parts or hate the look or feel of the scant stock. A RIA straight stock would definitely not be cheap. I'd try restoring the stock as best possible by giving it a thorough cleaning, steaming out the dents, and hitting it with some BLO or Pure Tung Oil. If you need help, let me know. I'm always up for a new stock restoration project.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  5. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
  6. dlbleak

dlbleak Moderator Staff Member

Moderator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    thats what i'm thinking about doing. just looking for a solid gun to plink with. thanks for the fine offer.

7. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am not versed on 03s and 03A3s but I saw this rifle yesterday and it is totally cool. Makes me think I might need one!

8. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    How come I knew you were gonna say that?

9. ldp4570

ldp4570 Sharpshooter

Ronny, Its cause he's got it real bad!!!!!!!

By the way, has anyone got any MilSurp .22lr rifle's or pistol's????????

10. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I don't. But, if someone does, do we talk about it here, or in the .22 section or in the Milsurp section? Oh wait, we don't have a Milsurp section.