Milsurp Thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Flatwins ordered us a couple of these last week from Allens Armory. They are Tula hex laminates. (thanks steve). Thought i'd share.
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P4070444.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't. But, if someone does, do we talk about it here, or in the .22 section or in the Milsurp section? Oh wait, we don't have a Milsurp section.

It would be nice if we had a "MILSURP SECTION". .22lr firearms, knives, sub-guns, handguns, gear, all the way up till the fall of the iron curtain!!

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not versed on 03s and 03A3s but I saw this rifle yesterday and it is totally cool. Makes me think I might need one!

I had one but traded it for my 5.8 SA Garand. It was a high number RIA mixmaster as well with a near mint SA replacement barrel. I picked it up at a Metcalf show a couple years back for $400. It was a National Match clone that had a Lyman 48S rear match sight, Lyman 17A front globe sight, and was drilled and tapped for an Unertl Super Target Scope. It also had a glass bedded Keystone C stock, adjustable Timney trigger, and an original 1918 Hoyt marked 1907 sling (sling is currently installed on my Enfield repro sniper). The rear military sight had been removed, the lower band was a stamped version from an A3, and the bolt was a mix of parts with non-matching finishes. For an extra $100 I replaced the lower band with a correct milled version, replaced the buttplate with a milled checkered version, polished the bolt, replaced the rear sight, windage knob, cocking piece, bolt sleeve, and safety with NOS matching parts. I also refinished the stock with Fiebing's medium brown dye, pure dark tung oil that Ronny gave me, and Tom's 1/3 wax mix.

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_Refinished1903049edited.jpg

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CHL, Is it going to stay that red?? Still very nice. I'm going to leave mine alone.

I'm assuming that it will darken as the oil begins to oxidize. The SB 600 flash on my Nikon is bright enough that it makes the color appear lighter and redder than it actually is. The stock was poly'd before I refinished it so I definitely didn't harm an original finish.

Here's a picture of the stock with the poly clearcoat prior to being refinished...

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_1903Springfield010edited.jpg

Here's a picture of the stock (before wax) without the flash washing it out...

i181.photobucket.com_albums_x97_mach_won_MandysCamera041edited.jpg

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats another thing all of us MilSurper's need to do is have a informal shoot!! Rifle's, Shotgun's, Handguns, Sub-Guns(semi or full auto)!!!!! Its getting warm an the time is great for us to get together an burn some powder!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom