1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Milsurp Thread!

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by flatwins, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Mitch Rapp

Mitch Rapp Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    That may be the case, and it may be perfectly legal to own them separately , but putting the stock on it can change things.

2. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm thrown by this one. That looks to be a ~fairly standard~ FSR (Swedish shooting club) rifle so I'm not really sure it went as high as it did. It does have a stock disc which almost all FSR rifles had the disc removed though someone could have installed this one as filler.

I posted the link on the gunboards forum to see if I'm missing something.

3. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I was confused by this one so I ran it past the Swede guys over on gunboards. They can't figure it out either. The rifle is a fairly vanilla FSR and worth substantially less than the closing price.

4. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I was having trouble with the sights, but I'm just knowledgable enough on them to know. There were a few guys who went after it hot and heavy.

5. ldp4570

ldp4570 Sharpshooter

Sounds like a bunch of bidders on that one bid on the story, not the gun. A fool an his money are soon parted!!

I've been buying an trading for years, I'm sure some folks who have traded with me think me the fool for letting some go for low money. Well its like this, I'm not in the business of making money, I'm in it to make me happy. If the other party is happy, then its a great deal. So far I've never had a bad one yet. When we buy guns, new or old, we are only their caretakers for a brief period in time. We either pass them down, or as some do, sell them off.

6. ronny

ronny Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    A lot of those Swedes were in civilian hands (in Sweden) and were used regularly in match shooting. I doubt they were all configured alike. This one could have been authentic. Unfortunately, there's no way to really know. Even if a person had it in his hands, he might not be able to tell.

Im my case, there are no $1,300 rifles. They just don't exist.

7. ldp4570

ldp4570 Sharpshooter

I agree!! Unless your talking about a fine SXS safari rifle to bag big game. I can see the price, I'm just not going to spend that!!

8. flatwins

flatwins Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    A few months back, Allen's Armory had a batch of FSR Swedes in the $4-500 range. Diopter sites, etc. They went quick!

9. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Working on putting together a WWII era field gear display that I'll probably put on a mannequin torso and stick on a shelf in the gun room. I'm not sure how complete or correct it will end up being, but here's what I've got so far.

M1928 haversack (1942 Indianapolis Tent and Awning)
    M1923 cartidge belt (Boyt manufacture - date illegible)
    Medical / 1st Aid Pouch (1943 JQMD "Jefferson Quartermaster Depot" - I've purchased a sealed Bauer and Black first aid packet to add to the pouch)
    Ka-Bar USN MK 2 Type 1 (rare, earliest variation with USN marked Boyt 1943 scabbard)
    Canteen - AGM Co. 1945 (need to locate a cup and cover)
    1911 shoulder holster (Adirondack manufactured repro...treated with neatsfoot oil to age leather)

Still looking for the following items...

Meat can pouch to attach to the M1928 haversack
    Mess kit to add to meat can pouch
    Cover and cup for canteen
    M1910 T-handle shovel with cover (to add to shovel attachment flap on haversack)
    10" Garand bayonet and scabbard (to add to the bayonet strap on haversack)
    WWII era GI helmet
    WWII era uniform field shirt

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ldp4570

ldp4570 Sharpshooter

Very nice!!!