Milsurps in the "New" America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a bad feeling about the future of gun rights in America. No one knows yet what will happen but I feel that at least some restrictions are coming.

I have several different types of firearms but by far my most favorite is historical stuff and military surplus rifles. While I hate to see restrictions placed on any type of firearms, I feel our old-school bolt rifles won't garner much attention. I'd also say Garands are pretty safe from restrictions though the M1 Carbine still raises an eyebrow due to its "deadly" detachable magazine.

Do you think there is room in the New America for us to keep enjoying our old war horses? Is it time to get that C&R and stock up if you don't already have one? I've been kicking around getting a Ljungman for awhile. It's a semi-auto so therefore it has an evil detachable mag. You know me and those damn Swedes...

What say you, fellow Milsurpers?

Last edited:

doorgunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it's more of a black rifle thing, not detachable mag thing, or else they would worry about my enfield mark III SMLE. But I'm with you, I think you better get 'em while the gettin's good. I wonder how long it's gonna be before we see rough looking nagants going for $400.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think we'll be kinda safe. Our worst case scenario is a law banning the importation of any gun or ammo. I think thats unlikely but who knows with our crazy politicians.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on how our esteemed politicians (Bloomberg, Feinstein, Boxer, Schumer...) write the new AWB. My "evil" K98s may even be in danger - if the bayonet lug is one of the qualities they target. Pretty much any milsurp has this feature, and we know how many people get bayonetted each year.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to detract from the OP, but I had a Ljungman for a while along with an Egyptian Hakim; the Hakim is actually an improvement on the Swedish design.

Latest posts

Top Bottom