Mini Mosin in 22LR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK. I couldn't decide of this went in rimfire or milsurp. I went with milsurp figuring more milsurp collectors would appreciate this.

Mini Mosin in 22LR from Midland Arms

FB_IMG_1548297177254.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I read it is a single shot.

Pretty silly if you ask me.
Like a little cricket .22 lr.
Most kids i've been around hate the Cricket after one range session. The want something that shoots a little faster. I've got a break action .22 I won at a QU banquet. My grandkids hated the one shot. They loved the 10-22.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most kids i've been around hate the Cricket after one range session. The want something that shoots a little faster. I've got a break action .22 I won at a QU banquet. My grandkids hated the one shot. They loved the 10-22.

Funny enough. I read the actual manufacturing is being done by Keystone Arms....

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cut my teeth on a single shot Springfield and loved every shot. I think I loved working the bolt and loading it just as much as aiming and squeezing the trigger. In my 4th decade of like I finally let myself trust and own semi autos. Still prefer a mauser though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I cut my teeth on a single shot Springfield and loved every shot. I think I loved working the bolt and loading it just as much as aiming and squeezing the trigger. In my 4th decade of like I finally let myself trust and own semi autos. Still prefer a mauser though.
I have no issue teaching kids with a single shot. The only gun I ever owned until my late 20's was a single shot H&R .410. I learned it's limitations and many, many different specie of game fell to that gun. It was the same gun that all of my relatives that started hunting with me used, but each of us progressed to the pump, or semi auto world.
I think it's just a progression.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting. Must be a one off. I tried to look it up and couldn’t find anything on or about it. When I did an online search about it the only thing I could find is a 7 hour old link directing back to this Oklahoma shooters topic