Minumin age to hunt?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneshotonekill

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first "hunting" memories are of my dad taking me frog giggin'. And of him helping me track my first deer that I killed. I wish he had been younger so he could actually hunt with me more but I never will forget the way he looked at me when we found my first deer. I was 13 and shot it with an old Bear black mag bow. Good stuff treasure it all.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s awesome SuperA,
I took my 5 yr old son (4 at the time) out this last Fall and of course he had to carry his Daisy as well. I got up early that morn and he was already awake by the time I got to his room he was so excited. We got to the stand and he did great, we forgot to pack a drink, but he did awesome. About an hour after daylight I heard some movement and saw a deer then noticed it was a small 6 point. It was only about 30 yards away and we got to watch it for a few minutes. He got so excited and kept asking me to shoot it. We were on my parents land and I didn’t want to shoot that small of a deer. Well that was the best day hunting I have had. We get back to the house and tell mom about it and she is hacked off we did not shoot it(she is not a big fan of killing things, so this was a shock), she says that would have made a great scrap book page.
Then he decides he wants to go again the next morn and this time was not awake and decided he wanted to sleep in, but about 45 mins later comes into my room waking me up and says okay I really want to go again. This time it was not totally dark when we went out and as we were walking an owl flew right by us and landed in a tree right next to us about 6 feet off the ground, so we got to see an owl up close.
Then on stand about 25 min after getting settled here come two does and they fed out in front of us about 15yards for 15 min or so. These were the best two days of hunting I had last year even though we did not kill any of the deer we saw. And this last year I actually took 4 deer, 2 with my bow first of which was the first with a bow ever. The next best day was when my dad and I both shot a doe on opening rifle on some new hunting land we had permission to hunt.
Take a kid hunting it will be a blast!!

Dustin

Latest posts

Top Bottom