Mixmaster M1 carbine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0295.JPG
IMG_0293.JPG
I got this as a project. It's a total hodge podge of parts. It had been rebarreled and was missing the front sight, barrel band and hand guard. eBay provided the hand guard and the barrel band is a repop. The front sight is surplus. The thing wouldn't go into battery and thanks to John (WWIIdigger) it is fully functional. John also provided the sling and oiler,thanks John! My all in investment is around $300. Couldn't be more pleased.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, it's a little different. The new neighbors asked if they could put up an 8 foot fence and also asked if we liked the tree. We use our deck every chance we get and that is the solution we came up with. It's their tree but it provides us with much needed shade.
They were really cool about it and didn't ask for help with the cost of the fence. I made it worth their while for considering us.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 100439 View attachment 100438 I got this as a project. It's a total hodge podge of parts. It had been rebarreled and was missing the front sight, barrel band and hand guard. eBay provided the hand guard and the barrel band is a repop. The front sight is surplus. The thing wouldn't go into battery and thanks to John (WWIIdigger) it is fully functional. John also provided the sling and oiler,thanks John! My all in investment is around $300. Couldn't be more pleased.

Wanna' sell it???

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had this one for a few years so can add some info. It's an Inland and came to me with an early barrel band (prior to the bayonet lug type). The cool thing about it was that it had a high wood Saginaw (S'G') stock. I figured that someone restoring an S'G' carbine might want the stock so I put it out on eBay. Wow, did they want that stock! I then located a WWII era replacement stock, marked "J" in the slingwell. By this point I had acquired an IBM carbine so this one was essentially parts for awhile until it ended up at Darren's house. Oh, forgot to mention that I had it rebarreled with an Inland barrel. When I got it, the feedramp had been ground on to the point where it split brass upon firing. Glad to hear it's back up and running so I guess we'll have to get the carbines out and see what we can do with 'em.

Latest posts

Top Bottom