1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Model 58 AAR

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by gerhard1, Apr 14, 2021.

1. gerhard1

gerhard1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Today was the day that I took my M58 out and shot it for the first time.

I'll be honest: at first, it was slightly uncomfortable to shoot, even with the 'police loads' that an outfitter in Okie City made for me. I believe that one factor here could be that I am not used to shooting quite yet, and this was reinforced by the fact that the more I shot, the more comfortable it became. A two-handed hold helped too. The gun was mostly function-fired and about 40 rounds were expended with no misfires.

I wonder how a full-house magnum round would be to shoot. Probably about like Magnums in my 629 Mountain Gun.

The revolver is an N-frame with fixed sights and it seems to be an early one as it has the S-prefix serial number. The action was quite smooth and I'm still getting used to how noisy it is to dry-fire a S&W revolver. Before my cochlear implant, I never heard it before.

This is one revolver that I have wanted for quite a while, and now I finally have one.

586.jpg

2. Tin Star Firearms

Tin Star Firearms Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Congratulations on shooting your revolver. I bought one two years ago and after firing it with the magna grips on it, I quickly changed to some Pachmayr grips which make a world of difference. The concussion from full house loads is impressive for sure.

Andrew