Modifying a kydex holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No.343

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a holster for a S&W 625 that is really close to fitting my GP-100. The barrel on the GP-100 was replaced to have that squared off look similar to the Performance Center 627. I no longer have a 625 and I'm willing to try to heat the holster and change the shape. My question is what do you use to press the kydex into the gun to get it to keep its shape? Is it worth trying? Thanks in advance.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A foam press. Don’t have one? Don’t try it. I have a bin full of pre match modded kydex and they’re all crap

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This. But if you insist on trying, wear a set of gloves and use a doubled-over cloth as you press down on the previously heated Kydex with the UNLOADED gun shoved into the hot material to try to reform it to your liking. It all depends on how much fitting you need. I'd just fork over the bucks and get one that fits to begin with. No matter how hard you try, it's not gonna be quite right; unless you got a Black Belt in Kydex forming.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve used old carpet pads tripled over and a flat board on top to stand on. You should be generally crafty and good with tools before trying anything on something your not willing to throw in the trash. Like most things, ingenuity can replace having the exact right tool for the job.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a press that'll do the job. If you're in Moore, you are pretty close to me in Newcastle. If you want, you can use my press here. I used to do tons of kydex and leather work back in the day. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Latest posts

Top Bottom