Montana Gold Website

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone out there who likes to use Montana Gold bullets (@Mad Professor) have any idea how regularly they update their website with inventory status? I know they don't have any in stock alerts, so it's first come first serve when they update their website with items with new stock. I've been trying to check in the afternoons once a day to get a case of 9mm 124gr JHP's, but they've shown out of stock each time I've checked for over a week now.

I found a good deal on 1000 of these on GunBroker, but that's not something that'll be popping up regularly. Most of the time the rounds are at least twice the MG website cost. If anyone has any insider info on when the best time to check their website would be, I'd appreciate the info!

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I knew myself. They post as they build them. I’ve scored about 7 cases since September after being down to almost none. Several times I’ve found them in stock and list them before I got checked out. The most recent time was last week. I’m still a bit low myself.

I ordered 4000 RMRs last month that should ship in a few weeks. I plan on testing and hopefully developing a backup load with these. They will take backorders on most of their line. They are currently 2-3 months backlogged. They recently got a new machine up and running that will allow another 100K per day of production. But I don’t think that will make much of a dent in the backlog anytime soon.

IMG_5549.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not pertinent to MG but in general you need to have an account, be logged in, have CC info entered and generally as ready to check out as possible when you find Ammo or components to buy. These items last only minutes.

I’ve seen many people say that after missing out while adding other items to their cart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I knew myself. They post as they build them. I’ve scored about 7 cases since September after being down to almost none. Several times I’ve found them in stock and list them before I got checked out. The most recent time was last week. I’m still a bit low myself.

I ordered 4000 RMRs last month that should ship in a few weeks. I plan on testing and hopefully developing a backup load with these. They will take backorders on most of their line. They are currently 2-3 months backlogged. They recently got a new machine up and running that will allow another 100K per day of production. But I don’t think that will make much of a dent in the backlog anytime soon.

If you're waiting on the RMR 124 gr. JHP's, I could loan ya a couple hundred so you work up a load until yours come in. I ordered in October and got them around Christmas. RMR are good people.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you're waiting on the RMR 124 gr. JHP's, I could loan ya a couple hundred so you work up a load until yours come in. I ordered in October and got them around Christmas. RMR are good people.

I really appreciate the offer.

I ordered the 124 Match Winners (TCGPs). Delivery time expectation and desire to try their flat point to see how it punches paper for scoring were the reasons. I might try some of their JHPs in the future.

Again Thanks for the offer!!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
YMMV but I tried a couple of brands and I never could obtain good consistent accuracy with plated (or cast / lead) bullets so I haven't loaded anything but jacketed handgun bullets for many moons.

Running low on my favorite Remington bulk 230 grain FMJ 45 ACP bullets and being unable to locate any I started doing a lot of Googleing and asking questions and found that Montana Gold, RMR and Zero all make quality jacketed bullets that cost quite a bit less than Sierra, Hornady, Speer etc. and in no real order or preference I started looking for either one of the three brands that were actually in stock a few months ago.......I ended up getting in 5000 230 grain 45 ACP and 2000 125 grain .357 Zero brand jacketed bullets.

I've probably got right at 1000 rounds of 45 ACP loaded up with the last of my Remington 230's and then I'll get started loading the Zeros.

Calling them on the phone Roze did let me pre-order and didn't ding my card till the bullets shipped.

http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RZD&Category_Code=ZJB

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom