Moonclip Loading DEvice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to see one in action go to 3:45 in this video. These things are better than sliced bread, I can de-moon 300 rounds in a few minutes. After watching this, I'm wanting a breaktop...:hithead:

When I went out to check my mail today, I was greatly surprised to see that a box from South Dakota was there. I opened it up and looked it over, and immediately put it to work.

This thing is slicker than snot on a doorknob. It took me about five minutes to load nine clips. BMT is a great device and their customer service seems to be first-rate as well, judging by the speed in which it arrived..

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Told ya! I don't endorse much, unless it's worth endorsing that is. I thought they were pricey at first, then I got mine in the mail and saw it's CNC machined from solid, there isn't a cast part to it, it's all machined from delrin or steel (I have the rimmed version which is a bit different design). Then I was worried about it holding up to a lot of use and saw the steel support pins that support the clip. I don't know how many rounds I've loaded and unloaded with mine but it's a bunch and I can't even tell its been used if I clean the powder residue off of it. I just unloaded over 180 rounds of brass today and loaded them back up, ready for the next match. I love the crap out of mine, when I get an 8 shot gun, I'll be buying another.

Edit: Another thing I was using it for today was checking for bent clips. If they are bent it's real easy to feel when you put the clip in to load.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Told ya! I don't endorse much, unless it's worth endorsing that is. I thought they were pricey at first, then I got mine in the mail and saw it's CNC machined from solid, there isn't a cast part to it, it's all machined from delrin or steel (I have the rimmed version which is a bit different design). Then I was worried about it holding up to a lot of use and saw the steel support pins that support the clip. I don't know how many rounds I've loaded and unloaded with mine but it's a bunch and I can't even tell its been used if I clean the powder residue off of it. I just unloaded over 180 rounds of brass today and loaded them back up, ready for the next match. I love the crap out of mine, when I get an 8 shot gun, I'll be buying another.

Edit: Another thing I was using it for today was checking for bent clips. If they are bent it's real easy to feel when you put the clip in to load.

Holey schnikeys that thing's awesome! I've got the same S&W TR22-4 .45 acp that gerhard does, and it needs a mooning/demooning tool bad!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nikat, as you know putting rounds in the clips by hand isn't a big deal, just slow. But getting the spent cases out is another matter entirely. I generally clip 200 to 500 rounds at a time depending on the match I'm heading to. In .38 I also use CNC wire EDM machined clips made specifically for Starline brass, they hold the rounds tightly and don't flop. There is just no freakin way I'd even give it a thought without a tool and these BMT mooners are the slickest thing I've seen. Icing on the cake is that the materials and machining are top shelf.

Latest posts

Top Bottom