Moose hunting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DoubleD that's awesome. Thanks for the story.

One thing about going to Newfoundland for those of you wanting to moose hunt. 1- its cheaper than most guided moose hunts. 2- they aren't known for big moose, but they are known for A LOT of moose. They have the highest moose densities in the world. If you wanna go just to shoot a moose, size be damned, I would say Newfoundland is your place.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DoubleD that's awesome. Thanks for the story.

One thing about going to Newfoundland for those of you wanting to moose hunt. 1- its cheaper than most guided moose hunts. 2- they aren't known for big moose, but they are known for A LOT of moose. They have the highest moose densities in the world. If you wanna go just to shoot a moose, size be damned, I would say Newfoundland is your place.
Duly noted!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duly noted!

Looks like a rather enthusiastic "Duly noted !" to me @dennishoddy ......you pondering on going to Newfoundland in search of Bullwinkle ?

elmer-fudd-and-bullwinkle.jpg

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After achieving the longest shot of my life - pronghorn antelope @ 1,862 yards!

If there was "1" animal on my bucket list, it would have to be MOOSE! So much so, that I already have the rifles built for my wife and myself.

Don't know that we would ever be able to go, but if the opportunity ever presents itself, I'm about as ready as I'll ever be.

As I think about this, there is an animal that would be in first place running with a moose, and that just so happens to be a CAPE BUFFALO!

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as moose doesn't taste like goose!

Amen.......we don't like the taste of goose either.

Mama bought me a guided goose hunt several years ago as a early Xmas present with a fella she read about in the Sunday paper that had a few wheat fields leased up around Harrah.......got there early one Saturday morning at dark-thirty and was back home and had the geese cleaned, plucked and was eating a bowl of hot homemade chili by noon.

We oven baked the whole goose per a recipe out of a wild game cook book I've got the next day......both of us took a couple of bites and then fed the rest to a german shepard mix we had at the time and he loved it.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I think about this, there is an animal that would be in first place running with a moose, and that just so happens to be a CAPE BUFFALO!

Now, you're talking!!!!! That was me. That was my one true bucket list item, and I did it. September, 2000. Can't believe it's been almost twenty years. I WOULD do it again!!!

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, you're talking!!!!! That was me. That was my one true bucket list item, and I did it. September, 2000. Can't believe it's been almost twenty years. I WOULD do it again!!!

Good for you! Glad you got to do it!

I bet that has got to be such a rush, knowing you could be ran over by a Mack truck with horns at just any moment!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom