More Poachers Caught

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm onboard with the community hunting service. It should be supervised by those of us on this board. I work in a hot as hell dirty place, and get two breaks in a 10 hour day. I hope the hell they get at least that.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I know one of the game wardens that might have had a hand in the apprehension. I think I will give him a call and see what he has to say about the arrest. You all must understand that poaching is a way of life. The Southeastern counties are very sparcely populated and anything goes. I have had several close friends down there that led a subsistence lifestyle. They killed deer to have meat to live on. Some of them had a code of honor. This was not a sport this was survival. The harvesting of these magnificent bucks is not survival it is stealing. I am a board member of an organization that takes children, from a NON hunting background, on their first big game hunt. We supply the food,lodging,guides,guns, training and generous farm and ranch owners supply the land and opportunity. This week I had to make a difficult decision. Two of the children were selected to go on one of the hunts. I talked to an uncle of the two children and asked him about the kids parents. The father of the kids was caught by the uncle spotlighting my property. The father was known as a drug user and worthless to himself and society. He also has a record. The kids are out of control little hellians. Even with a criminal record, the father and grandfather are taking the boys deer hunting without a license or a hunter safety course. The kids are crying for attention, but are virtually abandoned. The children are being taught the way of life in SE Okla. The 2 boys are 13. I know the uncle, who is a GOOD honest man, and wants to help the kids but is powerless to stop what is happening. My heart was heavy when I cut the 2 boys from being taken on this fall's hunt. The kids are CRYING OUT for love and attention but the parents are not listening. The fellas, recently apprehended, may be poaching these animals just to draw some attention to themselves by their friends because they have little self esteem. I have seen this repeatedly by residents down there. They are poor and have little and this is a way to get some attention. I am certainly NOT condoning their actions,just maybe sheding some light on their thought process. Because of low self esteem they turn to alcohol and drugs to escape reality. Poaching animals and showing them off gives them the attention they are craving. It is also their downfall. They were successful at both. The cycle will continue........

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I know one of the game wardens that might have had a hand in the apprehension. I think I will give him a call and see what he has to say about the arrest. You all must understand that poaching is a way of life. The Southeastern counties are very sparcely populated and anything goes. I have had several close friends down there that led a subsistence lifestyle. They killed deer to have meat to live on. Some of them had a code of honor. This was not a sport this was survival. The harvesting of these magnificent bucks is not survival it is stealing. I am a board member of an organization that takes children, from a NON hunting background, on their first big game hunt. We supply the food,lodging,guides,guns, training and generous farm and ranch owners supply the land and opportunity. This week I had to make a difficult decision. Two of the children were selected to go on one of the hunts. I talked to an uncle of the two children and asked him about the kids parents. The father of the kids was caught by the uncle spotlighting my property. The father was known as a drug user and worthless to himself and society. He also has a record. The kids are out of control little hellians. Even with a criminal record, the father and grandfather are taking the boys deer hunting without a license or a hunter safety course. The kids are crying for attention, but are virtually abandoned. The children are being taught the way of life in SE Okla. The 2 boys are 13. I know the uncle, who is a GOOD honest man, and wants to help the kids but is powerless to stop what is happening. My heart was heavy when I cut the 2 boys from being taken on this fall's hunt. The kids are CRYING OUT for love and attention but the parents are not listening. The fellas, recently apprehended, may be poaching these animals just to draw some attention to themselves by their friends because they have little self esteem. I have seen this repeatedly by residents down there. They are poor and have little and this is a way to get some attention. I am certainly NOT condoning their actions,just maybe sheding some light on their thought process. Because of low self esteem they turn to alcohol and drugs to escape reality. Poaching animals and showing them off gives them the attention they are craving. It is also their downfall. They were successful at both. The cycle will continue........

Please dont take this wrong, but why cut them because of something their dad did? You might be just the influence they need in their life. Ive worked with kids like that a lot and a lot of times it doesnt seem like your getting anywhere, but if you take the time with them and prove you actually care about them, they will respond to you eventually.

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can actually see killin does to eat IF your starving, but deer with nice antlers is off limits... And I also hunt in s.e. Ok... Pay the $40 to do so, and theirs alot of land to drive around on that hasn't been taken bye the Big Business of hunting lease's . Anyways if you can afford gas, beer, or drugs then that excuse doesn't hold any merit. If your drug free without any beer in your belly and your family is starving... And you walk to an area to take a doe to keep from starving , I'll bet you'll stay out of trouble. I like my beer, but I pay my bills first and put food in the fridge before I buy beer. The meth head thing sucks all the way around. On a lil' different subject I think our welfare system should b reformed to where if you get $ from USA then you get drug tested ... And Also Especially if your an illegal and you have a child here then you don't get free food or rent!!! If you sneak over here for a better life then stand on Your own two feet!!! All the time I see Hispanic people in walmart dressed really nice gettin their basket filled then either pullin out Oklahoma food stamp card or atleast gitten their milk, eggs, and cheese for free... Then watching them in the Parkin lot in their nice truck with new big wheels... F<&#8364;£ THAT!

Latest posts

Top Bottom