Morels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had an inch and a half rain yesterday, should help things along. I have yet to find any this year... or last year. I know there are some out there but I have yet to find me a good honey hole! Need to find me a good shroomer to take me around and give me some areas to concentrate on. Been told around elm trees and cedar trees, but I've got over 4000 acres of those. Been concentrating on creek areas but all I end up doing is shed hunting.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Heres what I just got this morning pictured with my knife of choice "the morel cleaver"

most were found around cedar trees in tall grass and were pretty dry...ill soak them in water and they will fry up all the same.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice^^^^

I'm done shroom hunting. My hot spot is sprouting Poison Ivy pretty heavy. That stuff can put me in the hospital. I've taken the shots to prevent it, but I still get it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Counties all around me and at the same latitude as me are finding them, I'm not..............and about ready to throw in the towel. Read today where a guy found a bunch north of Hutchinson, KS..........I should be seeing some.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hot spot is across the street from some houses. Talked to one of the home owners yesterday. He said three-four cars are parked in there daily. Its Government ground. Anybody can go in there. Time to find another, hopefully without poison ivy.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a really good year. Had some save overs last night with dinner. Bread them and then freeze on a wire rack individually. Then when frozen solid, combine in a bag or bowl. Freeze until ready to cook. Go directly from freezer to hot grease, put the rest back in the freezer until hot grease is ready for more.

Latest posts

Top Bottom