mosin input please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i seek help as to the value of a mosin.... it has a aim brand scope mounted as a scout. the scope is a 2*7 IMG_2301.jpg it comes with 280 rounds of ammo, bayonet, cartridge belt pouch, stripper clips. any inputs would be appreciated

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't speak for the scope but I don't think it would add much in value. But for the sake of discussion, the Mosin (without the scope), and ammo is worth around $200.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With today's prices, a mosin is closer to $150 shipped and that is about $75 worth of ammo. So depending on condition $200 is a conservative estimate.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With today's prices, a mosin is closer to $150 shipped and that is about $75 worth of ammo. So depending on condition $200 is a conservative estimate.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Lets get real folks.

I havent seen a mosin locally for under $150...AIM has them, I know....but after shipping, $10 ffl...you get the idea

Edit: I haven't checked ssp Norman or big boys lately though.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agree on all counts. My estimate was based on what it might sell for locally in the OSA classifieds. With no BSing of course. ;-)

Yea, that's kinda where I was going with that. What ppl are willing to pay (especially on OSA) and the true value based on market conditions, locale etc...are two different things.

I was recently in seattle and I hopped in a LGS there...$280 hex mosins, no bayo, ammo, sling or cleaning kit. I mean, it was the exact one I bought for $115. They had several, so I'm not sure if ppl were lining up, but surely the dust was accumulating.

SilencerX7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, that's kinda where I was going with that. What ppl are willing to pay (especially on OSA) and the true value based on market conditions, locale etc...are two different things.

I was recently in seattle and I hopped in a LGS there...$280 hex mosins, no bayo, ammo, sling or cleaning kit. I mean, it was the exact one I bought for $115. They had several, so I'm not sure if ppl were lining up, but surely the dust was accumulating.

Really? I wouldn't pay 280 bucks for a hex. 200 maybe but not 280...