Mosin M39

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
picked this up from jakerz here on the forum. Took this beauty to a MBA match and got into the 90's without ever firing it beforehand.

it's capable of much better if i would do my part!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
thanks,the hold point was less than optimal to say the least. with a little zeroing, i think it can do mid 90's all day with surplus ammo. i'll work a load up and lob em in in the future.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...and altered stock by Saeco arms of Finland

The SAKO gear cartouche was applied to the stocks of all SAKO produced M39's before they left the Suojeluskuntain Ase ja Konepaja Oy factory...it is just a proof mark and not any sort of marking that represents that the stock was modified. M39 stocks were newly built and not altered by the Finns like the M91 and M91/30 stocks were.

Darren,

Have you had her out of the stock to check out the tang date and maker? I guessing the stock has rounded finger joints right? She's a beauty!

Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the M39 is in the upper echelon of accuracy as far as milsurps go. The difference between a Russian MN and a Finn M39 is night and day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom